Mauricio Isla

ace

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/895498-chelsea-make-initial-approach-for-mauricio-isla?

Read about this guy today at WAGNH. He is a young Chilean defender who plays for Udinese right now. Apparently, he is able to play both LB and RB, as well as some midfield positions in a pinch. From what I've read, he's pretty solid defensively but wouldn't be quite as good going forward as a VDW or Azpilicueta, but he does have a great cross.

From what I have read of him, I think if we sell Ashley and Bosingwa and this guy comes in to split time with Bertrand and Ivan, I would think he could be a nice addition to our backline. I have never seen him play though, so I'll reserve final judgment until then.

This probably belongs in the "Random Rumours" thread.

Why? From what I have read, we are rumoured to have made inquiries about him to Udinese. The Random Rumours thread anymore is just people coming in and shouting out players they think we should sign, even though we haven't been linked with them at all. I would certainly argue that this guy would deserve his own topic over the Luis Suarez thread below.

Why? From what I have read, we are rumoured to have made inquiries about him to Udinese. The Random Rumours thread anymore is just people coming in and shouting out players they think we should sign, even though we haven't been linked with them at all. I would certainly argue that this guy would deserve his own topic over the Luis Suarez thread below.

fair enough, just not very exciting.