The Maligned Ones

Its been said elsewhere, but I just wanted to reiterate.

Raul Meireles

Jose Bosingwa

John Obi Mikel

They havent been perfect in the past. I am sure they will have bad games in the future. But today these three showed the passion, intelleigence, and committment they have often been accused of lacking. By myself and many others. Not today. Whatever happens with them in future, they left it all out there today and worked for this club and their teammates.

Similarly, I am one of those who has always been to criticize Ashley Cole for his bad attitude when things go against us. Tonight, I couldnt have been more wrong. Right after the card and their goal, he was still flying into challenges and never let his head drop. IMO we dont make that comeback without defiance and belief, and he looked like the epitome of it out there, even when the wheels were in danger of falling off..

We didnt need JT today, because we had 10 other carbon copies of him out there. I am still lost for words how a team that looked so disjointed 4 months ago just dug so deep and fought against the tide. In 2050 they are still gonna be watching this game on HDsuperCosmicHoloBluRay, or whatever, as an example of a team that just refused to give in no matter how grim it looked.

/hyperbole over

Edited by TheWestwayWonder