Ramires's domination in the middle!

bluedrake55

the game last wednesday where we beat manure highlighted 2 very different performances by 2 midfielders performing the same job. Ramires looked like he wanted to own that midfield! then we come to the match against the swans, when he came on the second half he looked a totally different player! it seems to me that he is giving Mikel seniority in the midfield because when hernandez had the ball he slowed down and allowed Mikel to deal with him. unfortunately he was slow to deal with him and just turned his back on hernandez who scores. perhaps i am looking into this to much but all i see is Mikel is only good enough to provide cover for Ramires!

Hernandez was offside for one. And two, you analyzing it too much and are wrong about Mikel.

Well we will have to disagree there... Mikel is holding this team back. I do not waver from that opinion.

When 3 distinct CB partnerships cannot keep clean sheets maybe just maybe the problem lies in front of the CB pair.

Edited by smileysmiles

Well we will have to disagree there... Mikel is holding this team back. I do not waver from that opinion.

When 3 distinct CB partnerships cannot keep clean sheets maybe just maybe the problem lies in front of the CB pair.

Or maybe it is the fact we are playing that much more attacking? When you have full backs that bomb on and players up top that are not good defensively unfortunately you are going to concede goals. The only way to stop conceding goals would be to go back to the mourinho ways or to start defending from the front in a guardiola model