What has happened to Viagogo?

Celery1989

Has anyone else noticed ow the availabilty of tickets on Viagogo has declined severely in recent months? At the start of the season there were lots available for games, even up to about a week or two prior to most games. But now when I look at the upcoming away games, even Wigan at home, there's barely anything available.

Does anyone know why this might be? Is it simply a case of people being less willing to hand over tickets as the season progresses given how much more important every fixture becomes? Or is there more to it...?

I wouldnt use viagogo even if i was desperate, its just legalised touting.

Disgraceful when normal Chelsea fans get nicked & banned for selling spare tickets on at face value yet a "Chelsea partner" can make money out of tickets being sold.

I done a research Q & A session about football tickets a few months ago, it was about a new firm called StubHub, we were told most clubs had signed up to it.

We were also asked how much profit we'd want to sell on our tickets/sts, everyone in the room about 8 of us all fans from various clubs said we'd never rip off fellow fans to which the researcher was shocked, he disappeared for 5 mins behind a two way mirror where i guess were some StubHub employees, he asked again why we wouldnt want to make extra money, i said its legalised touting thats why & a total joke when normal fans get punished for the same thing, with that he ended the session.

Not sure whats happened to viagogo but hopefully they've gone bust.

Archived