Pre match routines

SaveMyLocal

Hi guys, a quick introduction. Me and a pal who are ex landlords have recently started a website trying to raise awareness in the plight of the local boozer mare than 14 a week closed down last year. (www.savemylocal.co.uk is not a profit making organisation) Over the next few weeks we are trying to compile a section which gives information on local pubs near the ground. We are interested in pre match routines, old stories and pubs which may have closed down. So let us know where you go before a game and where is ok for away fans. Being a Brentford fan myself we are famous for having a pub on each corner of the ground and who knows with a bit of luck I may be able to give you guys some more information for the end of January. Cheers - Mike

Just to advise that loz said it was fine to post this  :smile:

Hi guys, a quick introduction. Me and a pal who are ex landlords have recently started a website trying to raise awareness in the plight of the local boozer mare than 14 a week closed down last year. (www.savemylocal.co.uk is not a profit making organisation) Over the next few weeks we are trying to compile a section which gives information on local pubs near the ground. We are interested in pre match routines, old stories and pubs which may have closed down. So let us know where you go before a game and where is ok for away fans. Being a Brentford fan myself we are famous for having a pub on each corner of the ground and who knows with a bit of luck I may be able to give you guys some more information for the end of January. Cheers - Mike

Just to advise that loz said it was fine to post this  :smile:

One of my pet hates is pubs closing mate, i've had three pubs close within a few months of each other in my local area, they were only a mile or so apart.

Have you seen this site? it makes depressing reading :sad:  http://www.closedpubs.co.uk/index.html

As for Chelsea FC pubs, we've lost loads the last few years, The Jolly Malsters, The Wheatsheaf, The Adalaide, The White Hart, The Jolly Brewers, The Fulham Dray(now a resturant) to name a few.

These days we drink in a pub down the North End Road, West Brompton end, called The Goose, quality big pub, Weatherspoons type prices(stella £3) its a good 15/20min walk to the ground but worth it as other pubs nearer the ground are either closed, gone all poncy(pub opposite the ground called The Black Rose back in the day & now recently The So Bar) is now a Jap gaff with palm trees & signs saying no singing ffs, also pubs nearer the ground are very expensive & well over £4 a pint.

As for away fans only recently have they been welcome/invited in to certain" away" pubs as they never exsisted before, few years ago it was the Slug & Lettuce, then Havanas, not sure about now to be honest.

Hope you win your replay & any spares going for our game if you do :biggrin:

One of my pet hates is pubs closing mate, i've had three pubs close within a few months of each other in my local area, they were only a mile or so apart.

Have you seen this site? it makes depressing reading :sad:  http://www.closedpubs.co.uk/index.html

As for Chelsea FC pubs, we've lost loads the last few years, The Jolly Malsters, The Wheatsheaf, The Adalaide, The White Hart, The Jolly Brewers, The Fulham Dray(now a resturant) to name a few.

These days we drink in a pub down the North End Road, West Brompton end, called The Goose, quality big pub, Weatherspoons type prices(stella £3) its a good 15/20min walk to the ground but worth it as other pubs nearer the ground are either closed, gone all poncy(pub opposite the ground called The Black Rose back in the day & now recently The So Bar) is now a Jap gaff with palm trees & signs saying no singing ffs, also pubs nearer the ground are very expensive & well over £4 a pint.

As for away fans only recently have they been welcome/invited in to certain" away" pubs as they never exsisted before, few years ago it was the Slug & Lettuce, then Havanas, not sure about now to be honest.

Hope you win your replay & any spares going for our game if you do :biggrin:

To be honest we could do with losing Tuesday night as we have a genuine chance of going up this year and a cup tie looming up against you boys could really take the focus away. However the money will come in handy because it's confirmed it will be played on the Sunday if we win, must be tv involved.

To be honest we could do with losing Tuesday night as we have a genuine chance of going up this year and a cup tie looming up against you boys could really take the focus away. However the money will come in handy because it's confirmed it will be played on the Sunday if we win, must be tv involved.

Yeah think its on espn 12pm ko mate, i've heard a rumour your swapping your home & away ends for our game as the home end is slightly bigger?

To be honest i wouldnt mind a replay & getting you back at the bridge, i love it when we draw clubs we havent played for years or ever, last time we played at GP was 49/50 in the cup & Brentford havent played at the bridge since 46/47 so they'll be generations of fans from both who have never seen us at either ground, i've been to GP about 4 times, for friendlies & one game v Fulham.

Archived