Veron?

The Moos
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I just read on eurosport.com that Veron will play for Argentina again. In the article I found this sentence:

"Argentina coach Alfio Basile will draft the Chelsea-owned Estudiantes player into a 21-man squad in preparation for this summer's Copa America in Venezuela, which starts on June 28. Basile will officially announce his squad on Wednesday."

I didn't know we still owned him 300.gif

And why does Basile (Mr. Fawlty) want him in the squad? Surely there must be other (younger) players available?

Apparently we still own Veron and Crespo and also Alex at PSV.

However we also own a few youngsters around the place including a few in South America and Portugal.

Chelsea remain silent on this.

It would be nice to know though! 156.gif Disclosure please!

Apparently we still own Veron and Crespo and also Alex at PSV.

However we also own a few youngsters around the place including a few in South America and Portugal.

Chelsea remain silent on this.

It would be nice to know though! 156.gif Disclosure please!

I read somewhere that we sold Veron but perhaps we didn't. Honestly I can't keep up with everything Chelsea's doing.

I just hope we don't pay the wages of all the players on loan. I know we payed Veron and Crespos wages before when they were on loan at Milan and Inter. A waste of money in my oppinion. icon_mad.gif

I'm sure we did (and maybe still do) pay a fairly decent percentage of Crespo and Veron's wages.

That is the reason why we have never really sold them - only loaned them.

Having said that, it is probably the reason why they have moved on - they were on such ridiculously high wages with us, that even the likes of Inter couldn't afford to pay them the same.

Anyway, it is not a bad outcome for us. In Veron's case, we didn't want him, he didn't want to play for us, no other clubs could afford to pay him equivalent wages.

In loaning him out to Inter, we reduced our overall wage bill (by only contributing lets say 50% of his wages), and ensured that he didn't do a Bogarde on us.