Foriegn Restrictions

JT26CFC
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Well Sepp Blatter and the Fifa organisation might be installing a new policy that balance "a proportion of home-based players." Of course SAF has jumped onto this fast and has agreed, but other clubs such as arsenal and liverpool are going to have a problem. The good that could come from this is that more English born players can play in the top flight. I'm guessing that Fifa wants to see the England national team grow and become better, but if a player can't play at top flight level, then why should the rules bend for him to play.

This would force clubs to concentrate on developing their own talent, rather than scouring the world to steal other smaller clubs youngsters. I'm all for it, especially because it would really hurt Arsenal and Liverpool, the moment they said that, I'm sold icon_lol.gif

Would also force clubs to 'pay-up' for English players.

But ,as JT26 mentions, clubs might play English players who are not as good just to comply with the rules.

But this would level things out on a broader sense, as in players will have a harder time automatically leaving their home countries league, as clubs have to be careful about how many foreign players they bring onboard. Take Brazil for example, they produce some of the best players around, but all of them leave for other countries and their league just goes to sh*t.

IF you're a talented Nigerian lad, capable of earning ?80,000 per week in the premier league where you will strengthen the team that buys you and help improve the level of the league, why should you miss out just because of where you're born???

I think they should limit the number of foreigners in any one team but I can see the arguement against it.

Would also force clubs to 'pay-up' for English players.

But ,as JT26 mentions, clubs might play English players who are not as good just to comply with the rules.

But this would level things out on a broader sense, as in players will have a harder time automatically leaving their home countries league, as clubs have to be careful about how many foreign players they bring onboard. Take Brazil for example, they produce some of the best players around, but all of them leave for other countries and their league just goes to sh*t.

The reason they leave Brazil is because of the money.

Like most things along these lines though, one club is usually better off than others, this results in them complaining to UEFA/FIFA or the EU about restrictions of fair trade and nothing comes of it.

Anyway, anything that suits us and f*cks Arsenal is fine by me. icon_wink.gif

IF you're a talented Nigerian lad, capable of earning ?80,000 per week in the premier league where you will strengthen the team that buys you and help improve the level of the league, why should you miss out just because of where you're born???

I think they should limit the number of foreigners in any one team but I can see the arguement against it.

That's the point, maybe in not going they will increase the level in THEIR league, and not OURS. Which is a good thing, unless you just want to keep the big 3 leagues from now until infinity. It might be unfair on the person, but in the bigger picture, I think it would help football AND the players as well. There are so many players who HAVE to leave home in order to make a decent living, (1 out of 100 makes it) as football there dosen't pay much (even by third world standards) due to lack of interest. Better players = better games = more interest = more money for players in their home country, instead of praying for a pay day abroad.