Chelsea Quiz Number 8

loz
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1. A question in quiz 4 asked ‘Which player has won the most caps for his country whilst being a Chelsea player?’ The answer was Marcel Desailly but whose record did he break?

2. Chelsea were the first team to field a starting line up that didn’t have a single UK born player in it. Who were our opponents that day?

3. The 1997 FA Cup final saw two players make their final competitive appearance for Chelsea. A point for each name.

4. In 2006 an ex Chelsea player said ‘“It was a privilege to play for Chelsea. They looked after me and I never wanted to play for anyone else.” - Who was it?

5. In the summer of 1995 we were interested in signing two players playing is Serie A. We had to choose one from two. The one we chose was Ruud Gullit. Who was the one we chose not to pursue/sign?

REMEMBER TO PM ME YOUR ANSWERS - DO NOT POST THEM HERE

Just to let people know I am away all this weekend from the crack of dawn Friday until Sunday night so it will be Monday before I post quiz 9.

So far there has only been a few answers submitted (Backbiter, moi and Chelsea rotterdam)

The plan is to try and keep this running till the end of the season when a winner will be declared, but that will depend on interest.