Chelsea favourites to sign Javier Pastore

amART

Javier-Pastore-e1297942850441.jpg

“If Inter or Juventus want to sign [Javier] Pastore, they must prove that they are as competitive as Chelsea and Barcelona.

“For me, he will end up in Spain or England – the only countries with clubs that can afford him.

“If I find myself with a suitable offer though, I will be ready to change my mind,†said Palermo club president Maurizio Zamparini.

SOURCE: Tuttosport

Inter Milan and Juventus have both been strongly linked with the signing of Javier Pastore recently, but Zamparini is right – neither is likely to be able to afford him.

Internazionale have lost a huge amount of money in recent seasons – in the three years up to the financial year ending June 2009, they lost over half a billion Euros.

Staggering.

Juventus are widely considered to be the best run club financially in Serie A, and will soon be the only Italian club to own its own stadium, but their recent failures to reach the UEFA Champions League means that they are far from able to finance a marquis purchase such as Pastore.

It is no wonder Zamparini believes the Argentine will move to either Spain or England.

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has made no secret of his interest – Sky Sports also quote him as saying “City are interested in good players, and Pastore is good.â€

Chelsea though reportedly remain the most likely destination, with Carlo Ancelotti very aware there needs to be a better link between midfield and attack, but in order to finance it players may well be sold.

As for the player himself, he may have seen Tottenham Hotspur – perhaps the fourth or fifth best team in England, with all due respect – defeat both Milan clubs in the UEFA Champions League.

This would no doubt be incentive enough to prove himself in one of the world’s two best leagues.

LINK

As for the player himself, he may have seen Tottenham Hotspur – perhaps the fourth or fifth best team in England, with all due respect – defeat both Milan clubs in the UEFA Champions League.

This would no doubt be incentive enough to prove himself in one of the world’s two best leagues.

I have an urge to smash my face against the wall, oh hang on..... :dash1:

They may have beat both Milans, but we still call there home THREE POINT LANE !!