Qatar's New 1.5 Billion Quid Bid for ManU

Phillip

Just thinking out loud, but with the rebellions all over the place in the Arab countries, and especially given the situation in Bahrain, I am wondering if the Qatari royal family is getting cold feet, and thinking to protect their money by using a good bit of it in purchasing ManU. That way, if and when rebellion comes to Qatar, they will just jump ship to England with their big investment.

Does not seem too far-fetched to me.

Well, based on the great response to this thread, I guess no one agrees with me.

I know that the initial bids were made well before the "troubles" occurred in North Africa, but it seems to me that the Qatari royal family might want to get this deal consummated as soon as possible, if you get my drift.

Well I don't think that it would be possible, two things would go against it: one their funds would probably be frozen like in the case of the other leaders that were brought down; and number two, I don't think the Qatari royal family is really threaten by this, like the Saudi's, as they have strong control at the moment of their economy, and there is no real opposition.