1998 Super Cup

Eight Times

I've often read stories about the Cup Winners Cup finals, memories, boozer stories, antics etc....

But what about the Super Cup, anyone on here attend? what was the day/atmosphere like?

And another thing, why is the programme so hard to get hold of? cheapest i've seen it is £25, doesn't turn up

on Ebay often either.

I've often read stories about the Cup Winners Cup finals, memories, boozer stories, antics etc....

But what about the Super Cup, anyone on here attend? what was the day/atmosphere like?

And another thing, why is the programme so hard to get hold of? cheapest i've seen it is £25, doesn't turn up

on Ebay often either.

I think there was only a crowd of about 5k there, which perhaps explains why there isn't many programme floating about.

I recall it was on a Friday night, I remember watching it on tv - a one nil win in a poor game and I think it was Judas Poyet who scored

One of my favourite european trips. Minibus load of us left from outside Ealing Common tube on the Thursday morning and by 10pn that night we'd arrived in Lyon for our overnighter. Four crates of beer and various wines on board and the next day our driver decides to forgo the motorway and take the scenic route through the mountains to Nice. Farking hell, hangovers and hairpins don't go well together. Like many other blues, we decided to pub it in Nice then get the short train ride to Monte Carlo. Bizarre stadium which is actually built above a multi storey car park, shops and offices. So you go through the turnstiles, go up a load of stairs and come out barely above pitch level. Was a decent turnout by both clubs fans but most in the neutral seats looked like Uefa suits. Think the crowd was more like 11,000 (ground holds about 20k). Was funny outside the ground after the match. There was a mob of Real Madrid skinheads. the Ultra Sur lot, standing next to their coach and all they got in return for their posing and stares were wolf whistles and blown kisses from the happy pishheads heading back to the dtation, The programme is in the same style as for the ECWC final one and was 20 francs on the night. Suprised it's already so hard to find copies. As for the journey back, messy, very messy, :)

• 1 year later...