Serbian National Team

njegos

What do you guys think of our current squad list? Im opening this topic because the forums a bit slow atm because of the Summer break and would like to here your thoughts on where you think Serbia stand on the International stage. Also I will use this spot to keep you up to date on how Ivanovic and Rajkovic play during their national team matches.

My Top 23 :

Goalkeepers

Bojan Jorgacevic (Genk FC) : Our number one atm. Was about to get called up to the Belgian National team before finally recieving an invite from our coach.

Zeljko Brkic (Udinese) : Best goalkeeper in Serbian League whos now signed for Udinese but is heading on loan to Siena.

Andjelko Djuricic (Leira) : Considered the best goalkeeper in Portuguese League for 09/10 but has recently lost his form.

Defenders

Milan Bisevac (Paris St Germain) : Strong few seasons in France has seen him sign for PSG.

Branislav Ivanovic (Chelsea) : What more to say?

Neven Subotic (Borussia Dortmund) : Recently won the German league in the process forging a great combination with Matt Hummels.

Slobodan Rajkovic (Chelsea) : Young player whos won two Dutch titles in the last three years.

Nemanja Vidic (Manchester United) : Worlds best defender

Aleksandar Lukovic (Zenit St Petersburg) : Recently won the Russian League his first season in the country.

Aleksandar Kolarov (Manchester City) : Signed from Lazio but spend most of 10/11 season out with injury.

Ivan Obradovic (Real Zaragoza) : Average season for average team.

Midfielders

Milos Krasic (Juventus) : One of best wingers in Serea A.

Adem Ljajic (Fiorentina) : 19 year old that had a pre contract with Man Utd until his work permit fell through. One of rare teenagers in Serea A to have a starting spot.

Zdravko Kuzmanovic (Stuttgart) : Former Fiorentina player whos now a star player for a struggling team.

Dejan Stankovic (Inter Milan) : Our captain and most experienced player. Still a starter for one of best teams in Italy.

Nemanja Matic (Benfica) : Former Chelsea youngster who spent a year on loan at Vittesse before been traded to Benefica for David Luis.

Gojko Kacar (Hamburg) : Utility player who has yet to find a postition to make his own.

Milos Ninkovic (Dinamo Kiev) : Our most creative player but is yet to prove himself in Ukrainian League and Europe. Has great potential.

Dusan Tadic (Grongingen) : Considered the best new signing of the Dutch League and close to agreeing deal with Ajax. Scored 7 assisted 24. Only four players in Europe had more assists (Ozil, Messi, Hulk)

Zoran Tosic (CSKA Moskow) : Manchester United reject that never got a chance. Went out on loan to Koln in 09/10 . Was then sold to CSKA and considered one of best wingers in the Russian League.

Attackers

Miralem Suljmani (Ajax Amsterdam) : Biggest transfer fee in Dutch history when he signed for Ajax. Had a poor first two years but since Suarez left has scored 14 and assited 13.

Milan Jovanovic (Liverpool FC) : Was one of the best strikers in the Belgian League but failed to get many games at Liverpool.

Danko Lazovic (Zenit St Petersburg) : Top scorer for the champions of Russia.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are many other players but I personally believe this is our best 23.

Edited by njegos

I can accept Guiseppe Rossi playing for Italy over the USA because he was never going to play for us, his mind was always that he was going to represent Italy.

However, I hope whoever f**ked up Subotic got fired. He spent his youth career with USA, then some idiot coach decided not to call him up for a certain youth tourney, which led him to pledge his future to Serbia. Really wish we had him.

I can accept Guiseppe Rossi playing for Italy over the USA because he was never going to play for us, his mind was always that he was going to represent Italy.

However, I hope whoever f**ked up Subotic got fired. He spent his youth career with USA, then some idiot coach decided not to call him up for a certain youth tourney, which led him to pledge his future to Serbia. Really wish we had him.

There are loads of players Australia have missed out on too...whether born in Australia, or brought through the Australian youth systems.

We could have had players such as Tony Dorigo, Sasa Ilic, Anthony Seric, Josip Simunic, Craig Johnston, Georgios Samaras and Christian Vieri. Some were born in Australia, others spent most of their childhood here.

Vieri and Simunic in particular would have been brilliant for us, but hey, players want to play for the best nation they can, and obviously feel tied to their roots.

Apparantly C.Ronaldo was eligible to play for Australia because of something to do with his grandparents (I think they live here). But that was the biggest long shot ever lol.

Nikola Zigic?

I wouldnt have him anywhere near our starting 11. After his poor performance at the World Cup ide never call him up again. Same with Marko Pantelic (Olympiakos) and Nenad Milijas (Wolverhampton) who had equally bad tournaments.

Other players I havnt mentioned that could still figure for the national team are :

Goalkeepers/Defenders :

Bojan Saranov (Maccabi Haifa) : Young goalkeeper for 09/10 Israeli Champions.

Uros Cosic (CSKA Moscow) : 18 year old defender that is the closest player we have to Vidic at that age. Russians already trying to give him citizenship.

Pavle Ninkov (Toulousse) : Recently signed for the French Club from Red Star Belgrade.

Vujadin Savic (Bordeaux) : Young tall centre back whos now a starter for the 09/10 French League Champions. Still learning his trade however...

Ivica Dragutinovic (Seville) : Maybe a little old, but has always been a great player for us.

Nenad Tomovic (Lecce) : Right Back on loan from Genoa.

Marko Lomic (Dynamo Moscow) : Average defender from Russian League.

Dusan Basta (Udinese) : Average defender from Italian League.

Midfielders/Attackers :

Filip Djuricic (Heerenveen) : WATCH THIS SPACE. . The boy had a pre contract with Manchester United and was personally invited by Fergie to watch the team play at Old Trafford. Wasnt able to get a work permit and instead left for Heerenveen, made his debut at 17 and has been labeled the new Cruijf by the Dutch media. He is the future of our national team along with Adem Ljajic.

Ljubomir Fejsa (Olympiakos) : Young player recently signed from Serbian champs Partizan to Greek Champions.

Radosav Petrovic (Vitesse) : Always seems to be picked by the national team coaches even tho hes nothing special. Recently left the Serbian League.

Bosko Jankovic (Genoa) : One of our more creative strikers who has had major problems with injuries lately. Could have been special, but i feel his carreer is over now.

Really solid team you got there, except for upfront.

Yep we are really struggling up front. We used to be known as producers of great strikers but it seems all the talent that is emerging these days are defenders!

(I thought Stojkovic was no.1?)

Hes crap. Good shot stopper but sucks at absoloutely everything else. Hasnt helped his cause by moving to Partizan from their bitter rivals Red Star Belgrade after claiming hed never do such a thing. Theres no way he can play for the national team without been booed by half of his own supporters.

Yeah and American coach refused to take him to the under 19s World Cup or something claiming he wasnt good enough. Two years later he was named the best defender in Germany at age 20, followed by a League Medal the next season! Dont know if he would have chosen America if Serbia and Germany showed interest tho.

Vieri and Simunic in particular would have been brilliant for us, but hey, players want to play for the best nation they can, and obviously feel tied to their roots.

I can understand Vieri leaving. He was born in Italy, came to Australia when he was 6 and then left when he was 16. However Simunic was a dog act. Brought up through the Aussie system and even had a free scholarship at the Australian Institute of Sport before choosing Croatia. All that money could have been spent on other players.

Apparantly C.Ronaldo was eligible to play for Australia because of something to do with his grandparents (I think they live here). But that was the biggest long shot ever lol.

His Grandparents live in South Perth thats correct!.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways my Serbian starting 11 :

-----------------------Jorgacevic------------------------

----------Subotic--------------------Vidic---------------

Ivanovic--------------------------------------Kolarov---

----------------Stankovic---Kuzmanovic---------------

Krasic-------------------Ljajic---------------------Tosic-

-------------------------Lazovic---------------------------

All in all 7/11 of the starters will play in the Champions League and 14/23 of the squad. Thats pretty impressive for a small nation. We will probly still fail to qualify tho ahahah

Edited by njegos

Don't worry, that coach did get fired. Sleep well tonight.

• 4 weeks later...

Serbia played Russia and lost 1/0. We were dominating the game until our coach took all our stars off and replaced them with players from the Serbian League. And by "players from the Serbian League" I dont mean up and coming stars. I mean players who the Mafia owners of clubs wish to put in the shop window so theyre forced into the national team where they dont belong.

Absolutely hate this Corrupt Mafia system that our FA is. In every other sport in the world we manage to punch above our weight. but in Football we suffer because of these Demons.

For example Miralem Sulejmani (Ajax's star player who scored two goals over the weekend), Dusan Tadic (Dutch League lead assister) and Nemanja Matic (Who played for Benfica against Liverpool last week) werent called up. All three are under the age of 23 and all three are playin amazing for their club sides. But instead the coach is forced to select a 31 year old central midfielder from a relegation batteling Serbian club and a striker who only scored 4 goals last season.

PS. Rajkovic played well. Ivanovic was injured.

Edited by njegos