The Shed End Go Virtual in 2013 (fancy paying for it?)

loz

Dear good, handsome, delightfully generous, generally handsome and always international bright young things of the Shed End,

Some of you may have noticed a new banner in the top left hand corner of the site for Vidahost. Vidahost host the site for us and after struggling a little recently in terms of the package we were on we have come to an agreement with them that, in exchange for the banner, they will upgrade us to a dedicated virtual server at no additional cost to the package we were previously paying for.

For those of you not comfortable with 'nerd in a shed' babble I can make this more simple. Since we launched the Shed End we have upgraded on numerous occasions (at increased cost each time) to accommodate the site growth. Out in simple language if you imagine getting a piggy back from someone, the person piggy backing you has gone like this (from start till now):

Grampa Simpson -> Donald Trump -> G3.7 -> Teddy Sheringham -> Rolly from Grange Hill -> Torres now -> Torres 5 years ago -> Ramires -> Usain Bolt

I have guesstimated that we need about £300 in total to get through 2013 including the host renewal in February and we currently have £100 in the bank. Therefore I have created a 2013 running costs goal of £200 so if you would like to donate toward it that would be mush appreciated.

The 'DONATE' link is in the top bar and should be pretty self explanatory.

Cheers

Loz & Mod

• 3 weeks later...

Archived