The Big Match

nthstander73

Seen a new Big Match DVD with Charlie Cooke on the cover, is a different to the Match of the 70s DVD with Ossie on the cover ?

I went to most of the games on the first one, Coventry away was one of my first aways, two trainloads, Chelsea fans in both ends and a 3 - 1 win. I think Gary Locke made his debut.

Just watch Big Match revisited on ITV4 CFC v Liverpool during Danny Blanchflower's time, Ron Harris kicking lumps out of David Johnson, happy days.

Lads be careful with those dvds, they have the same games on, also there's now another new dvd out that is done by Rodney Marsh, dont bother buying it, my mate did & its exactly the same as the other two apart from one game, a total rip off, why they couldnt search the archves & dig out different games from the 70s i'll never know. :mad:

Seen a new Big Match DVD with Charlie Cooke on the cover, is a different to the Match of the 70s DVD with Ossie on the cover ?

I went to most of the games on the first one, Coventry away was one of my first aways, two trainloads, Chelsea fans in both ends and a 3 - 1 win. I think Gary Locke made his debut.

Just watch Big Match revisited on ITV4 CFC v Liverpool during Danny Blanchflower's time, Ron Harris kicking lumps out of David Johnson, happy days.

Yeah that was funny...and also did you hear the school kids singing"come on you reds" ,could`nt hear the liverpool fans at all which i suppose sums it up.

Yeah that was funny...and also did you hear the school kids singing"come on you reds" ,could`nt hear the liverpool fans at all which i suppose sums it up.

Are you talking about the game when loads of Liverpool school kids were housed in the West Stand and were making a right din. It sounded like one of those old England schoolboy matches they used to televise from Wembley. Us Shed End lads thought it was very amusing

Chelsea TV are today showing extended highlights of Chelsea v Tottenham from 1970 and 1971. I don't know for sure, but they could be from the Big Match (there's your connection!)

Schedule is as follows:

13:30 Chelsea v Tottenham at Stamford Bridge from 1970.

14:00 Chelsea take on Tottenham at Stamford Bridge in 1971.

Repeated at 20:00 and 20:30 respectively.