Chippy
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

BA AND NANDO DOUBLE ACT
316685_1.jpgsunday.gif
ABOVE: Ba moved to Chelsea from Newcastle in January

apostropheLeft.gif
You learn a lot from having competition with players like this – it’s good for me
apostropheRight.gif

Demba Ba

26th May 2013
By Adrian Stiles

DEMBA BA is keen to partner fellow strikericon1.png Fernando Torres in attack for Chelsea next season.

Outgoing Blues boss Rafa Benitez tended to rotate his forwards over the course of last season.

But with the Spaniard leaving Stamford Bridge this summer, Ba, 28, – who moved to Chelsea from Newcastle in January – is hoping this will change.

When asked if he and Torres could play together, the hitman said: “We could do. He is a good man.

“We will have to see the view of the manager who is going to come in.

“We’ll have to see what he will bring to the team and if he can play two strikersicon1.png, how he wants it. But we are not rivals, no chance.

“You learn a lot from having competition with players like this – it’s good for me. I’m getting better and better.â€

Senegal international Ba made a good impression during his first four months at Chelsea, scoring six goalsicon1.png and helping them qualify for next season’s Champions League.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/316685/

I think Demba has gone off under Benitez and don't want to write him off until I see what he can do under a proper manager but if these two are feeling like they will be fighting it out or playing together as first choices next season all our thoughts on possible lack of confidence seem miles off the mark, if I had to take a chance on one of our strikers as first choice if we were to buy noboby, I'd plump (sorry Benitez, no pun intended) for Lukaku but feel sure we will be bringing someone in.

Chippy, if we don't bring someone else in it wouldn't surprise me in the least.  We have such amazing young talent throughout this team including those that went out on loan and I think that has been overlooked throughout the season.  The transition has already begun, bring back Lukaku and one or two others and we have a team that will compete next season and many more to come...providing we have a manager with faith and knows what the f**k he is doing with so much talent rather than play the likes of Yossi and others for the sake of their own CV....if anything a solid CDM is required with a couple of solid back 4 guys...no need to spend money on another flop...despite the hype and price they may be presented for.