NBC Sport

moi

Hi folks.  I need some help.

I've had a PM from a French speaking member, called Mediator,  who lives in Belgium.  He understands English but has trouble expressing himself in English.

He has been watching Chelsea matches on streams for the last 2 seasons, but finds the quality very disappointing.

He has heard that as of the coming season there will be a new "deal" for transmitting premier league matches via NBC Sport.

He has tried to research this on the internet, but can't find the information he needs on the NBC site.

Does anyone know anything about this "deal"?  Can you give Mediator any advice? 

I will translate for him if he doesn't understand, but I think he will be able to understand your answers.

This is what I found after a quick google:

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/16/nbc-sports-announces-premier-league-programming-plans/

"NBC SPORTS LIVE EXTRA: Every Barclays Premier League match will be streamed live via NBC Sports Live Extra, the NBC Sports Group’s live streaming product for desktop, mobile and tablets and, in most cases, on the digital platforms of participating cable, satellite, telco and other video subscription services. The vast majority of Barclays Premier League matches will be streamed via “TV Everywhere,†available on an authenticated basis to subscribers of these services."

"*Is NBC Sports Live Extra available internationally?
Due to broadcasting regulations, NBC is only allowed to show NBC Sports content on the internet in the United States and U.S. Territories. Users outside of these locations will still be able to access an extensive set of non-event video content on NBCSports.com."

Thanks for feedback, so only for US

It seems like it.

So WHY does it call it TV "Everywhere"!!!! 

Maybe it's one of those things like when US television commentators say "the whole world is watching", when they actually mean "a large number of Americans are watching".

It seems like it.

Maybe it's one of those things like when US television commentators say "the whole world is watching", when they actually mean "a large Small number of Americans are watching".

FIFY

Archived