How bad is grant?

Forever Red

I have been reading a lot lately how Grant is due for the sack and a lot of Chelsea fans seem to be behind it, obviously you are a lot closer to the club and have seen team performances in a lot more detail than me but I think looking at the results he has done pretty well in his first season.

I may be mistaken because I can't find an old league table anywhere but if I am right when Avram took over, Chelsea had under Mourinho lost 3 games in the league and were at least 7 points off the pace?

Now at the tail end of the season Chelsea have lost 4 games in the league and are 5 points off the pace. This means Avram has out-scored Man U in his time at Chelsea and has taken them to the CL Semi-Finals. If the league had started when Avram took over would you not be top? Also you have the Semi finals to play for which you have the home game in the second leg, this is a huge advantage and Chelsea could still win the CL this season. The FA cup was dissapointing but I know how you feel about that one and everyone in the prem apart from portsmouth had a stinker this year.

Again I am not 100% sure if I have worked this out right but do you not think it is harsh to fire a manager who has outperformed everyone in the league since he took over and could still win the CL?

He's a Scouser

From his info page:

Favourite Chelsea Memory: Knocking them out of the CL Semi finals and going on to win it.

You know what? I am well f**king sick of other club's supporters, especially Scousers and Mancs, telling me how I should feel about Avram Grant based on knowledge gathered from media bullsh*t. Do I come telling you what I think should be done to the fat Spanish gay icon with the dodgy beard? No I don't. Your assumptions are just that, assumptions. Based on what you've read and what you've heard, with no more validity than the annual assertations that this is going to be Liverscum's year for the Premiership.

What I will tell you is that the most ridiculous single statement I've heard concerning Avram Grant is that if we won the Champions League this season, he would be a Chelsea Legend.

We were 2 points off the top when Jose left in 5th jointly with Man Utd and Liverpool I think - we had lost one game and drawn two.

It was hardly a disaster.

Results may appear good but we are playing badly, the players look demotivated and Grant is looking increasingly tactically inept and unable to motivate the players or coaching staff to perform or work for him.

The whole club smells off from the fans up to the board.

The wins simply mask the gradual deterioration for me.

I have been reading a lot lately how Grant is due for the sack and a lot of Chelsea fans seem to be behind it, obviously you are a lot closer to the club and have seen team performances in a lot more detail than me but I think looking at the results he has done pretty well in his first season.

I may be mistaken because I can't find an old league table anywhere but if I am right when Avram took over, Chelsea had under Mourinho lost 3 games in the league and were at least 7 points off the pace?

Now at the tail end of the season Chelsea have lost 4 games in the league and are 5 points off the pace. This means Avram has out-scored Man U in his time at Chelsea and has taken them to the CL Semi-Finals. If the league had started when Avram took over would you not be top? Also you have the Semi finals to play for which you have the home game in the second leg, this is a huge advantage and Chelsea could still win the CL this season. The FA cup was dissapointing but I know how you feel about that one and everyone in the prem apart from portsmouth had a stinker this year.

Again I am not 100% sure if I have worked this out right but do you not think it is harsh to fire a manager who has outperformed everyone in the league since he took over and could still win the CL?

For someone who has been "reading a lot lately " you are remarkably ill informed. We had lost 1 game when Mourinho was sacked and were 5 points behind Arsenal and 1 behind Utd.

I agree with Lofty. Funny how Utd and Liverpool fans have picked now to come on here pretending to be asking "reasonable" questions when all they are really doing is trolling.

You know what? I am well f*****g sick of other club's supporters, especially Scousers and Mancs, telling me how I should feel about Avram Grant based on knowledge gathered from media sh*t.

Totally agree had to turn T*lksport off earlier when the dope D*rham (of all people) started spouting off about how well Avram had done.

F**king sick of it!!

I know how sh*t he has been,we f**king been living it!!

Archived