Scolari's out of his mind

octville

I can never understand Big Phil parking all the players at the centre of the park together. How can Ballack, Deco & Lampard play together? Though they are technically different type of players ( Ballack good with headers, Lamps a box-to-box maestro & Deco a playmaker), we cannot hope to string something if all of them decide to play together. Notice how many times our players run into each other against WBA? There's a sense of tactical lapse on Phil's part.

Much has been said about playing in from the width, although most of that seems to be coming from Bosingwa & Joey on the right. Kalou could play on the left, but other than Malouda, what other choice do we have? Chelsea is stronger at the right, with Belletti capable of holding the ground altogether as he is also a right back. I think we should give Sinclair a run at the left since we lack fund.

I would go for the following formation. 4-1-2-2-1

Cech

Cole/Bridge - Carvalho/Terry/Ivanovic/Alex - Boswingwa/Ferreira/Belletti

Essien/Mikel (Holding role)

Ballack/lampard - Deco

Sinclair/Kalou (left wing) - Joe Cole/Malouda or even Anelka( right wing)

Drogba/Anelka

This is a very unique formation but teams will find Chelsea very hard to break down in the middle. With a little bit more form, our wingers will be able to pull the punches for Drogs to bang in goals.

As for the transfer window, I really think we should do loan deals for Vagner Love & Arshavin. This will strengthen the squad especially when the player's form have taken a dip in recent weeks. Arshavin can play as a winger or attacking midfielder, like a second striker, so he could take the left flank. He is a proven goal getter, voted as the best foreigner player in the Russian league. Roman's connection could be vital for these two players.

Doesn't Arshavin play on the right, predominantly? Also, your formation isn't really that different to what we already play. I think Ballack and Deco will bot the surplus to requirements when Essien returns, but the middle of the pitch is one area we are over-crowded in anyway. This is also why I am glad we only signed Deco on a two year contract.

I think the main area we need to focus on would be an attacker and a bi-piedal winger

Scott

I am livid ! Scolari is really out of depth n possibly our worst gaffer since Raineri left! How can we fail to defend set-pieces again and again! Where was the discipline to put

2 man at each side when defending corners? We had Fulham on the back-paddle but we lost the plot when Scolari sent in Kalou who is still not accustomed to the pace of the game.

3 points behind the Scouser with Manure catching up fast ! This is going to be a very frustrating season. Grant back please! Sack Scolari... Viva La Mourinho !!!!

Doesn't Arshavin play on the right, predominantly? Also, your formation isn't really that different to what we already play. I think Ballack and Deco will bot the surplus to requirements when Essien returns, but the middle of the pitch is one area we are over-crowded in anyway. This is also why I am glad we only signed Deco on a two year contract.

I think the main area we need to focus on would be an attacker and a bi-piedal winger

Scott

Love will fit your attacker N arshavin could also play right with Joey at left.

I would go for the following formation. 4-1-2-2-1

Cech

Cole/Bridge - Carvalho/Terry/Ivanovic/Alex - Boswingwa/Ferreira/Belletti

Essien/Mikel (Holding role)

Ballack/lampard - Deco

Sinclair/Kalou (left wing) - Joe Cole/Malouda or even Anelka( right wing)

Drogba/Anelka

This is a very unique formation but teams will find Chelsea very hard to break down in the middle. With a little bit more form, our wingers will be able to pull the punches for Drogs to bang in goals.

No it isn't its the same as what weve been playing for the most part of 5 years. Its easy to say with a little bit more form, luck etc this and that will go our way but the player and managment need a rocket up there arses. Maybe if it was their pay that was on the line they might perform a bit better.

Archived