Quickest sending off ever?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Pratt by name prat by nature it appears...............

Pratt sets 'record' for red card

Chippenham Town striker David Pratt is thought to have set a new world record after being sent off only three seconds into his side's loss at Bashley.

Pratt, 21, lunged at Bashley midfielder Chris Knowles straight from the kick-off and received his marching orders from referee Justin Amey.

Chippenham secretary George McCaffrey admitted: "You normally won't meet a milder man, but David lost it."

Bashley went on to win the Southern Premier Division match 2-1.

Bashley boss Steve Riley said: "The lad's gone in with his studs showing and went straight through my player. It was a potential leg-breaker. The ref had no choice."

Knowles was able to continue playing after the tackle.

Bologna's Giuseppe Lorenzo held the previous record for the quickest red card, at 10 seconds.

Pratt by name prat by nature it appears...............

Pratt sets 'record' for red card

Chippenham Town striker David Pratt is thought to have set a new world record after being sent off only three seconds into his side's loss at Bashley.

Pratt, 21, lunged at Bashley midfielder Chris Knowles straight from the kick-off and received his marching orders from referee Justin Amey.

Chippenham secretary George McCaffrey admitted: "You normally won't meet a milder man, but David lost it."

Bashley went on to win the Southern Premier Division match 2-1.

Bashley boss Steve Riley said: "The lad's gone in with his studs showing and went straight through my player. It was a potential leg-breaker. The ref had no choice."

Knowles was able to continue playing after the tackle.

Bologna's Giuseppe Lorenzo held the previous record for the quickest red card, at 10 seconds.

brilliant, i saw that and thought it was funny. doesnt vinny jones hold the record for fastest booking in the top flight when playing for us? seem to remember it was on david speedie..

doesnt vinny jones hold the record for fastest booking in the top flight when playing for us?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2000/de...ewsstory.sport6

According to that link Vinnie's got the record for the fastest booking:

THE WORLD'S FASTEST BOOKING

A few years ago I remember that Wimbledon's Vinnie Jones up-ended Man City's Niall Quinn within about three seconds of the start of the game, and it was said at the time to be a new world record for the fastest-ever booking. Is this true, what was the official time and has anyone managed to break the record since? asks David Scott.

Yes, Vinnie still holds the world record for the quickest booking, according to the FA's David Barber -a distinction he "earned" after a foul on Dane Whitehouse three seconds into Chelsea's game against Sheffield United in 1992. "I must have been too high, too wild, too strong or too early, because, after three seconds, I could hardly have been too bloody late!" remembers Vinnie fondly in his autobiography.

Edited by Maksimov