Sergio Asenjo

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Hi everyone,

I said a few days ago that Chelsea were interested on the spanish international under21 Sergio asenjo. I heard that in Ondacero.es sports, a month ago, after the defeat at Milan. so I leave here now what sky sports made on the news. he is a good keeper, but he started badly at Atletico Madrid this season.

Sergio Asenjo will decide his future at the end of the season but his agent concedes he is honoured to be linked with the likes of Chelsea and AC Milan.

Asenjo, who is rated as one of the best young goalkeepers in Europe, was snapped up by Atletico Madrid from Real Valladolid last summer.

The 20-year-old has impressed hugely for the Rojiblancos and now both Chelsea and Milan are said to be keen on landing him.

"The interest of top clubs like AC Milan and Chelsea is an honour," his agent Zoran Vekic told Calciomercato.

"In football anything is possible, but until the end of the season we will not take any decision.

"Atletico Madrid has made a major investment in him and together at the end of the season we'll evaluate the situation."

Vekic revealed that both Manchester United and Barcelona were tracking his charge before he moved to Atletico.

"We know that the Rossoneri have followed him but last year there were also Barcelona and Manchester United and there was also a deal with Fiorentina," he said.

I like Asenjo. Whether he wants to come here as a second is another matter...and whether we should try to target a young English keeper who's cheaper and more willing to be a second is another consideration.

I just bring here what I know guys. thats it.

Asenjo is going to be very good, I just think he chose the wrong team, whether he wants to come here and be back up is up to him.

The problem is that Cech is getting a lot of injuries, in terms of a keeper, so this season is showing us we need a good back up keeper.

I really want to see Delac in action in a Chelsea game...he seems to be very talented.

I'd also like to see a Dalek in goals

Dalek-Caan-standup.jpg

PS. I wanted to draw a goal post around the outside, maybe next time

Edited by Guest