Hull v Celtic (financially speaking)

Hutch
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

according to the News of The World Jimmy Bullard will have to take a £15,000 per week pay cut if he accepts a loan move to Celtic. he's currently on £45 per week at Hull where he is their highest earner. Celtic's highest paid players are on their wage ceiling of £30k per week.

that a massive club like Celtic (and i assume the same could be said for Rangers) can't match the wages offered by one of the smaller Premier League teams speaks volumes about the different levels of finance available in England and Scotland.

LINK

That has been the case for a while now stride. Rangers and Celtic can't compete with Championship sides let alone Premiership sides. The money they get from TV deals is peanuts compared to England.

yep, i knew there was a financial gulf between England and Scotland but didn't realise it was quite so dramatic. the Bullard scenario puts the situation nicely into perspective.

I don't know the exact amounts stride but I think the top two in the SPL share £3m of prize money between them. As a comparison we got somewhere in the region of £16m for winning the Premiership.

On top of that we get an extra £14m in TV money. I don't know what the equivalent figure is for Scottish clubs but I would be surprised if it is more than half a million

looking at like that, i.e. purely financially, it's not difficult to understand why the Old Firm might want to move to the Premiership. not that i think it'll ever happen, let alone that it should happen, but you never can tell.

not necessarily. from what i understand, Hull want him off their books to save on his wages. at Celtic he would at least have the chance to win some silverware, even if it's only a runners-up medal or two.