Tony Godden

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Hi people

Does anybody remember a game at Old Trafford..live on ITV where we beat Man U 1-0 & Tony Godden saved

2 Pens in the space of 5 mins?

Have Searched youtube as loads croping up on there..but nothing

Was it a dream?

Cheers Jim.

Edited by jim hamilton

Hi people

Does anybody remember a game at Old Trafford..live on ITV where we beat Man U 1-0 & Tony Godden saved

2 Pens in the space of 5 mins?

Have Searched youtube as loads croping up on there..but nothing

Was it a dream?

Cheers Jim.

I remember it well Jim. 86-87 season. We had a dodgy start to the season but memorable wins at Old Trafford and White Hart Lane during that time. The United game was live on a Sunday and there were a lot of empty seats but we had a solid turnout at Old Trafford as always.

Here is the link to the highlights on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/razer4660#p/u/3/G2LD4JOEjEQ

Looking at the footage I'm not sure if either was a penalty. First one looked like it should have been our free kick and second one was a 50/50 challenge. So perhaps justice was done with the saves. Enjoy anyway.

I remember that so well. We were so crap at the time too. That result came out of nowhere.

What i seem to recall most about Godden was that he had a habit of really coming and standing far out of his area when the team were attacking, often nearly up to the half way line.

I remember it well Jim. 86-87 season. We had a dodgy start to the season but memorable wins at Old Trafford and White Hart Lane during that time. The United game was live on a Sunday and there were a lot of empty seats but we had a solid turnout at Old Trafford as always.

Here is the link to the highlights on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/razer4660#p/u/3/G2LD4JOEjEQ

Looking at the footage I'm not sure if either was a penalty. First one looked like it should have been our free kick and second one was a 50/50 challenge. So perhaps justice was done with the saves. Enjoy anyway.

Brilliant! many thanks for the link!

Best wishes Jim

Brilliant! many thanks for the link!

Best wishes Jim

Funnily enough I also stumbled across this clip of Godden playing against us for WBA almost 10 years earlier. I was at this game. Not such a great day for Chelsea as we well beaten (as with many home games that season).

Funnily enough I also stumbled across this clip of Godden playing against us for WBA almost 10 years earlier. I was at this game. Not such a great day for Chelsea as we well beaten (as with many home games that season).

Thanks Forbzy

My 1st game was Orient home Dec 1980...it was on match of the day but i've never

been able to find the footage

Cheers Jim

He got a chorus of "Godden is a moron!" that day, a take off of the old Jilted John single.

Edited by Peckham Blue