Australia v Japan

Cam
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Anyone watching it? Don't know where it's televised, but apparantly it's in 100 countries...

Kick off soon. Come on Australia. Second Asian cup, and making the final after a dissapointing quarter final exit last up.

Arguably, our best player so far has come from the A-League too. Captains Brisbane :D

I'm excited...I know it's not a major, major tournament (though I think about 2/3 of the population are considered Asian lol)...but it's the first tournament outside Oceania Australia have reached the final off.

Historic moment. Japan have won the tournament 4 times, and beat South Korea in the semis. Australia smashed Uzbekistan 6-0 in the other semi.

It could be a very tight one I think.

Edit: Japan is looking to win it for a 4th time...not already won 4.

Edited by Cam

I've watched alot of the matches and it's not a bad standard. Theres been some great goals like the qatari blokes goal early on in the tournament. I had £25 on Japan to win it at the start of the tournament so could be a good afternoon for me.

Its on Eurosport 2 if you are in the UK.

Depressed.

We should have had several goals during normal time, and as soon as it went to extra time, I had no confidence.

Sure enough, one lapse in defense, will cost us a chance at the title.

The only positive is that I won't have to see us potentially lose on penalties, which is always worse.

I'm more dissapointed than I thought I'd be. Mind you, nothing on the Barca semi in the ECL, or the final loss...but still

It's right up there with the last minute loss to Italy in my mind.

You're right, Carney's move made no sense...there was no one where he ran, and he left a man wide open behind him. Insanity.

And now I'm unhappy at 3.30am...and I don't like it.

First the Ashes, now this. You bots just cant catch a break at the moment.... :unsure:

Only kidding. Can I ask how sport is looked upon in Aus at the moment. Your country has gone from being all conquering in sports like RU, Cricket, athletics etc to seemingly having a massive lull in talent. Ive always been impressed by the way Australia has done things with their sports academies etc. Has there been any sort of change of direction lately.

I think we probably went through a bit of golden generation in a few sports. Cricket, rugby and football are examples of that. Reason why we do well has a large amount to do with the fact that we spend so much money on sport. The Australian Institute of Sport is about 5 mins down the road from me and it is a pretty huge institution with a programme in just about every sport you can imagine. As far as I know nothing has changed, but in a small country perhaps we don't have the cattle we once did.