Great win but the stats don't lie

ws6blue

best night for ages......................couldn't written it better BUT, put own your beer/cocoa/whiskey and look at the comparisons to same time last year - then say oh bolllox!

2009-10

Manc p29 w20 d3 l6 f67 a24 points63

cfc p28 w18 d4 l5 f65 a26 points 61

arse p29 w19 d4 l6 f69 a32 points 61

2010-1

Manc p28 w17 d9 l2 f62 a27 points 60 - diff -3

arse p27 w17 d5 l5 f57 a27 points 56 - diff -5

cfc p27 w14 d6 l7 f48 a 23 points 48 - diff -13, and 17 less goals

so all 3worse at this stage and this year we've had nightmares (sunderland h, bir a, wolves a, scouse h & a etc etc)

so it can only get better and it will, every chance getting 2nd but its been awful considering where we were

CL we can win and when/if we do then we'll take that

best night for ages......................couldn't written it better BUT, put own your beer/cocoa/whiskey and look at the comparisons to same time last year - then say oh bolllox!

2009-10

Manc p29 w20 d3 l6 f67 a24 points63

cfc p28 w18 d4 l5 f65 a26 points 61

arse p29 w19 d4 l6 f69 a32 points 61

2010-1

Manc p28 w17 d9 l2 f62 a27 points 60 - diff -3

arse p27 w17 d5 l5 f57 a27 points 56 - diff -5

cfc p27 w14 d6 l7 f48 a 23 points 48 - diff -13, and 17 less goals

so all 3worse at this stage and this year we've had nightmares (sunderland h, bir a, wolves a, scouse h & a etc etc)

so it can only get better and it will, every chance getting 2nd but its been awful considering where we were

CL we can win and when/if we do then we'll take that

Yes but here is the thing. Last season all above teams were fairly consistent , especially at the end(Arse was consistent in doing an "Arse Season End Run").

This season Man U has been consistently crap (for a league leader) whilst we have been brilliant or rubbish pretty much.

If we can finish consistently brilliant, as in how we started the season, I have no doubt we can be in with a shout.

Man U is 12 up with 1 in hand. That game in hand is Blackpool minus their 2 best (Adams/DJ Campbell who is their leading scorer), we win that and its 9 points even games. Win at OT, and thats 6 points. That means if we win every game and forget about GD for now, we just need ManU to drop 6 points through out the 9 other remaining games they have. Dropping 6 out of 27 is very believable this season, even for a Man U squeeky bum time.

If we go by the seasonal trend, they have dropped 24 out of 84 points or 29% of possible points. If perfect, we just need them to drop 22% of remaining points if we beat Blackpool and Man U at OT.

So lets not pop the champagne, but lets also not conceed the title yet either. The lads have every reason to push on and give their all to defend our BPL title, infact the better they do they more likely I suspect this Man U team will crumble!

Onwards and upwards Blues! ::ChELSeAFaN::

Yes but here is the thing. Last season all above teams were fairly consistent , especially at the end(Arse was consistent in doing an "Arse Season End Run").

This season Man U has been consistently crap (for a league leader) whilst we have been brilliant or rubbish pretty much.

If we can finish consistently brilliant, as in how we started the season, I have no doubt we can be in with a shout.

Man U is 12 up with 1 in hand. That game in hand is Blackpool minus their 2 best (Adams/DJ Campbell who is their leading scorer), we win that and its 9 points even games. Win at OT, and thats 6 points. That means if we win every game and forget about GD for now, we just need ManU to drop 6 points through out the 9 other remaining games they have. Dropping 6 out of 27 is very believable this season, even for a Man U squeeky bum time.

If we go by the seasonal trend, they have dropped 24 out of 84 points or 29% of possible points. If perfect, we just need them to drop 22% of remaining points if we beat Blackpool and Man U at OT.

So lets not pop the champagne, but lets also not conceed the title yet either. The lads have every reason to push on and give their all to defend our BPL title, infact the better they do they more likely I suspect this Man U team will crumble!

Onwards and upwards Blues! ::ChELSeAFaN::

Think you're slightly mistaken - Our game in hand is against Birmingham at home (Scheduled for 20th April) was supposed to be the weekend just gone but was postponed because they were in the Carling Cup final.

If we win that game and our game against Utd, we're 6 points behind them with 9 games in which they could drop points. Whilst it is entirely possible that we could catch that, we require Arsenal to drop a similar number to win the league. I could see one of them giving us the space to catch up, but not both.

I hope noone is in any doubt, if we finish any better than 3rd from this point then it is because either Arsenal or United have thrown it away, not down to us playing well (although we would have to play well in order to take advantage of their mistakes)

Think you're slightly mistaken - Our game in hand is against Birmingham at home (Scheduled for 20th April) was supposed to be the weekend just gone but was postponed because they were in the Carling Cup final.

If we win that game and our game against Utd, we're 6 points behind them with 9 games in which they could drop points. Whilst it is entirely possible that we could catch that, we require Arsenal to drop a similar number to win the league. I could see one of them giving us the space to catch up, but not both.

I hope noone is in any doubt, if we finish any better than 3rd from this point then it is because either Arsenal or United have thrown it away, not down to us playing well (although we would have to play well in order to take advantage of their mistakes)

They only reason why they are fighting for it is because we threw it away, not because of their form. In order for them to keep us out, they have to play better/more consistant than they have all season. In order to get back in there, we just have to play like we did last season/beginning of this season.

Worst comes to worst, if the lads win every game, we lose the title by 6......but that wont happen( and I admit us winning every game isnt a favourable bet atm either).

Arsenal and Man U have been dropping points all season. They are only 9-8 points up assuming we win game in hand, thats after we had our worst run in 15 years.... you think they will roll on undefeated?

They also have a host of injuries (Arsenal specifically) and Man U is likely without their 3 best defenders vs Liverpool (Vidic, suspended, RIo/Evra injured, Rio for sure Evra likely) and a congested fixture list (they also play each other in the FA soon, and will likely both field strong teams not just for the cup, but for the confidence carry over factor).

To accept defeat would be daft in my opinion. Who other than us is better suited to pull off this comeback? If we can do our part, I am sure they will leave the door open just enough. They've been doing it all season....

Forget about the title, just try to win the next 11, we will ended up third in the worst case. We had 1 good performance in a few months, let's try to keep that going rather than get into the mind games. I think at the end of the season, we will ask a lot of 'what if' questions, we could have easily be 4-6 points better had we put in performance like we have the other night.