Great away days of the past.....2

MKBlue

Seeing as it's been a mere 20 months since the first instalment of this long running series I thought I'd offer up the second of what is a purely personal list of memorable away games from days gone by.

I think we'd already been relegated at the Library a week or so earlier and our last game in the top flight, for what was to be over five years, was at Villa Park. We travelled up in Micky P's MK2 Cortina and were passed on the motorway by a coach full of mr H's finest, all wearing rubber Hitler masks, now that stuff was never my scene but I have to admit that it made me laugh that day. Really good turn out from our lot, as always, and the pre match entertainment consisted of seeing the Holte End scatter as the coach party announced their arrival. A fighting 2-1 defeat left us all in pretty good spirits for our return to division 2 and back in Carshalton in time for last orders at the Arms.

Not sure why this one stands out so much, but probably more to do with the grim years that followed it, but a good day out nonetheless.

See you in 2013 for part 3.

Seeing as it's been a mere 20 months since the first instalment of this long running series I thought I'd offer up the second of what is a purely personal list of memorable away games from days gone by.

I think we'd already been relegated at the Library a week or so earlier and our last game in the top flight, for what was to be over five years, was at Villa Park. We travelled up in Micky P's MK2 Cortina and were passed on the motorway by a coach full of mr H's finest, all wearing rubber Hitler masks, now that stuff was never my scene but I have to admit that it made me laugh that day. Really good turn out from our lot, as always, and the pre match entertainment consisted of seeing the Holte End scatter as the coach party announced their arrival. A fighting 2-1 defeat left us all in pretty good spirits for our return to division 2 and back in Carshalton in time for last orders at the Arms.

Not sure why this one stands out so much, but probably more to do with the grim years that followed it, but a good day out nonetheless.

See you in 2013 for part 3.

A morning kick off if I remember rightly. Our train broke down just after leaving the station on the way back with the resulting dozens off people running around on the railway lines.

A morning kick off if I remember rightly. Our train broke down just after leaving the station on the way back with the resulting dozens off people running around on the railway lines.

Given our teen knowledge of the country's highways I still think we did well to get back to Surrey in time for last orders though.

• 3 months later...

Can't remember what game it was but about 8 of us in a mini bus all skinheads decked out in the gear was traveling back though the country somewhere when we saw barn dance tonight,well we were all pissed up and decided to hit this barn dance,as it goes the natives cound not have been more friendly and welcomed us, and we had a blinding night with take your partners one two three and us skinheads stomping up and down all night before they waved us on our way.for some reason that has always stuck in my head.Surpised there's not more replies cause had some blinding away days where we always stopped off somewhere.

Man Utd away about 1990 , we won 3-2 . Pallister og , Townsend put us two up. Then I think Danny Wallace and sparky got it back to 2-2. Then Bobby Stuart got up ended by Neil Webb , and Wisey stuck it away. Super day bar the manure fans. I'm pretty sure we were right behind the goal that Wisey scored in , and the manure fans were covering us in in all sorts.