villa away trains...

chelseasam101

Normally go by car but have been via Aston station from new street and walked to the ground via a pub or two. I think Witton station is closer but never been. Would like to go but taking a gamble and saving my cash for Amsterdam, have a good day.

Where are you travelling from mate? If your coming from London have a look at redspottedhanky.com you can travel for £5 each way from marleybone with chiltern railways. Thats the way we always go when doing games in the mids. Train goes to bham moore st which is just round the corner from bham new st-where you get a connection to whitton for villa park. Posted this on my phone so hope it posts ok.

oh right, cheers mate, I was gonna go from Watford jn as its local but that marleybone route sounds great! Do you go to the carshalton games by any chance?

Yeah its a good cheap service to be fair mate though the tickets are cheaper when bought in advance so i'd book soon if i was you.

I follow Carshalton Ath as had family ties with the club, my grandad managed the youth teams & uncles played for them in the 50s,i used to do quite a few games but in recent years i havent been going, what with family life, work, following Chelsea i just havent really got the time to watch them as well, also add the fact their owner shat all over the club last few years i've stopped going, i'll proberly go back for certain games in the future but not at the moment.

Do you follow them mate? their on the brink of relegation now.

Nearest station is definitely Witton. And coming from London as others have said the Chiltern Line is your best bet (I spend my life on those trains). You won't get a cheap fare on a Saturday though, expect to pay about £27 return, which is still pretty cheap, compared to Virgin etc

Nearest station is definitely Witton. And coming from London as others have said the Chiltern Line is your best bet (I spend my life on those trains). You won't get a cheap fare on a Saturday though, expect to pay about £27 return, which is still pretty cheap, compared to Virgin etc

We done both Villa & WBA last season mate for £5 each way & both games were on a saturday, i've just looked & there's a early train going for £6.

Yeah its a good cheap service to be fair mate though the tickets are cheaper when bought in advance so i'd book soon if i was you.

I follow Carshalton Ath as had family ties with the club, my grandad managed the youth teams & uncles played for them in the 50s,i used to do quite a few games but in recent years i havent been going, what with family life, work, following Chelsea i just havent really got the time to watch them as well, also add the fact their owner shat all over the club last few years i've stopped going, i'll proberly go back for certain games in the future but not at the moment.

Do you follow them mate? their on the brink of relegation now.

We done both Villa & WBA last season mate for £5 each way & both games were on a saturday, i've just looked & there's a early train going for £6.

Fair enough, I have a monthly pass so I guess I've never looked at weekend fares, fair play to them for cheap fares at weekends. From my experience Chiltern is by far and away the best and most reliable network in the UK.

I also follow Wealdstone and came down to carshalton last Saturday

Had you ever been to Colston Avenue before? nice little ground & i love the terrace along the touchline, shame the owner has ripped the club apart though, not sure if you know but he changed the club colours & badge, sacked managers then put himself in charge of the 1st team, banned supporters from home games for voicing their opinion on him, now we're relegated, only three years ago we were a pen kick from promotion :sad:

Fair enough, I have a monthly pass so I guess I've never looked at weekend fares, fair play to them for cheap fares at weekends. From my experience Chiltern is by far and away the best and most reliable network in the UK.

Yeah its a quality service mate albeit a bit longer than normal but worth it for the ticket prices they charge, in a train spotter type of way i love the design of Bham Moore St station, something old English about it.

Had you ever been to Colston Avenue before? nice little ground & i love the terrace along the touchline, shame the owner has ripped the club apart though, not sure if you know but he changed the club colours & badge, sacked managers then put himself in charge of the 1st team, banned supporters from home games for voicing their opinion on him, now we're relegated, only three years ago we were a pen kick from promotion :sad:

it was my first time, To be honest it was the first team ive seen in that league with decent support (apart from us!) but yh with we singing, ' he bans your own fans, he fans your own fannnss, your chairman, he bans your own fannns'! Didn't know why we were singing it until now haha hope you robins stay up, good luck

it was my first time, To be honest it was the first team ive seen in that league with decent support (apart from us!) but yh with we singing, ' he bans your own fans, he fans your own fannnss, your chairman, he bans your own fannns'! Didn't know why we were singing it until now haha hope you robins stay up, good luck

Haha fair play i guessed you bought quite a few as the gate was nearly 400 & our gates have dropped to well below 200 at times due to the owner ect

We had a little fight back but its too little too late for us now.

Archived