Bluebeard - Chris Burke is really developing into a player!

loz

Without a doubt the most exciting player in Scotland right now. He is developing into a classic winger and most importantly he now seems to be learning how to make the right choice more often than the wrong one.

I guess the real fear factor with him is always going to be his ability to pick up injuries. His career was stunted massively when he missed a huge amount of the 04/05 season with some bizarre virus after fainitng on the pitch against Aberdeen however he now seems to be fulfilling the potential he has hinted at in the past.

He recently signed a new contract for Rangers (fortunatey for him as Marton O'Neill was sniffing around) however if he can stay free of injuries and keep on putting in performances like he has recently then I think Rangers will struggle to hold onto him.

I've been following Chris Burke's career with interest over the last few years. At one point it seemed that he would never progress to a higher level, but it's great that he's finally beginning to realise his potential. If he can stay relatively injury free he will prove to be a major player for both Gers and Scotland.

I'd like to think that Rangers could keep hold of him if they want to, but who knows what the future holds when money is concerned. If they do let him go, then I really hope that the club he goes to is Chelsea.

I also think that Kevin Thomson will prove to be a very good signing for Rangers!

It's nice to see more young(ish) Scottish players in the Rangers squad, like Burke, Thomson, Alan Hutton, Charlie Adam, Steve Smith, Kris Boyd, Ian Murray, and Allan McGregor, with the main man Barry Ferguson leading them. And plenty of promising youngsters in the youth & reserve teams bodes well for the future.

Rangers did well last night in the UEFA Cup, beating Hapoel 4-0, 5-2 on aggregate, to earn a tie against Osasuna in the next round.

This league season is beyond repair, thanks to the brain-damaged froggie Le Guen, but just watch Rangers go next season!

Archived