True Blue Membership Account

dom800

Hi all,

I have purchased a true blue membership account in order to try and get to some away games,

Yet straight away i am receiving this message,

'You do not have a currently active membership. If you have purchased a membership for the 2014-2015 season it will not be active until after the end of the 2013-2014 season.

If you think that you do have a current membership, please call 0871 984 1905 quoting the code "NOT-ACTIVE".
'

Is this normal, will i have to wait a few days?

I have received email confirmation that i have been registered, and i have a log in account. But apparently im not a member?

P.s How good are my chances of getting two away tickets sat next to each other with this membership? Trying to go to the villa and sunderland away games.

Thanks

You can only buy one ticket with one membership at the first stage.  If they don't sell out when they go on sale to members, they let members and ST holders buy an extra ticket.  So you'd have to wait til then and hope they don't sell out before.  I don't go to away (yet) but someone here will be able to tell you the likelihood of there being any left to go on sale as extra to members.  

If it doesn't activate in the next day, give them a ring - they've always been helpful on the rare occasions I've rung them. 

The message should have been updated but apart from that, I think you're being a bit harsh.  You expect instant activation?  I think it usually takes a few hours (maybe authorising the payment?)

True, this is a fair point.  I will give it 24 hours,  I Just want to get going and order some tickets.

Going to cost me a bare minimum of £300 to see chelsea play at home, so hopefully i can secure some away tickets, can someone tell me what my chances of getting a couple of away tickets are?

And my chances of getting two tickets sat next to each other, thanks.

True, this is a fair point.  I will give it 24 hours,  I Just want to get going and order some tickets.

Going to cost me a bare minimum of £300 to see chelsea play at home, so hopefully i can secure some away tickets, can someone tell me what my chances of getting a couple of away tickets are?

And my chances of getting two tickets sat next to each other, thanks.

Membership is activated within 48 hours. You will get away tickets for sure, but probably not for the big matches cuz you've already lost out on too many LPs for this season. Tier 1 games are pretty much off for you I'd say, unless you are lucky to be on the ticket exchange platform in the right time or prepared to overpay on gumtree (I sold a ticket for the 6-0 Arsenal game for 200 pounds last season but pssssshhht ;) )

And never buy a ticket on third party platforms unless they are prepared to send you some proof (e.g. a photo of the ticket along with a sheet of paper with a combination of numbers you tell them). I know people who got ripped off pretty bad. Paid like 300 pounds for a PSG ticket and never got it.

Membership is activated within 48 hours. You will get away tickets for sure, but probably not for the big matches cuz you've already lost out on too many LPs for this season. Tier 1 games are pretty much off for you I'd say, unless you are lucky to be on the ticket exchange platform in the right time or prepared to overpay on gumtree (I sold a ticket for the 6-0 Arsenal game for 200 pounds last season but pssssshhht ;) )

Don't really understand why you're on a forum for Chelsea fans boasting about touting a Chelsea ticket for 4 x face value.

ahh, was hoping to get away tickets for any of the Man city, Man Utd  and Liverpool games.

Guess I might have to settle for Villa, WBA, Sunderland and Newcastle away (Should be enough tickets surely?)

Well the away allocation is of course less than home allocation at the Bridge and the Bridge always sells out.  So of course away allocation for the top games is going to sell out quickly!  Tickets are sold on loyalty points so unless you rack up loads of them you've got no chance.  And no chance buying a ticket for a non-member.  I wouldn't even necessarily rate your chances much for the lower tier games unless they're midweek but as I say someone else with more knowledge should be able to advise better.  Where do you live?  Why would it cost you £300 to get to a home game?  You might be better looking at some of the home games instead?

I live on an island off the uk.

Return flights to London £120-160

Ticket £50

Hotel £100-140

+ Food & Drink, Taxi/Trains.

I don't have much knowledge on away games, but does anyone know if Chelsea sell out there allocations to most games?

Surely Chelsea tickets don't sell out for games 'up north'.

Ticket £50

Hotel £100-140

I don't have much knowledge on away games, but does anyone know if Chelsea sell out there allocations to most games?

Yeah, Chelsea sell out all Premier League matches. So far this season it literally just took hours until the tickets were gone for all home & away games. But there is the ticket exchange where you will definitely be able to buy tickets for less in demand matches! :)

Ticket £50

Hotel £100-140

Ah right.  So how much would you save by going to an away match - presumably you'd still have to pay for a flight, ticket and food and drink etc.  So the only saving might be a hotel?  Or can you drive to the northern grounds via ferry?   You could probably get a cheaper hotel than £100 per night - not right by the ground but a shortish tube ride.  

I should emphasise - I'm not trying to argue, just wondering  whether you might still be better trying to get to London as there'll be more chance of getting tickets. 

Aren't you a delight? Bad spelling.  :good2:

The average ticket is roughly 50-odd quid unless you're in the West Upper. This tout sold a ticket for 200 - I'd say that's about 4 x face value. 

You sound like you didn't get a ticket. It was West Upper.

Who said anything about the police?  Still hope you get banned by the club for touting.

Sarcasm...

I don't know if you're actually a woman or a dude who calls himself a 'queen' but in any case I think I know where your overly sanctimonious sense for morality comes from. It's amusing :)

You're like a lonely tree in the desert craving for some rain. It's not just amusing, also a bit sad. 

In my situation even the pope would have sold it. And frankly I got offers far higher than 200 quid. For this ticket, for PSG, for Atletico etc. Didn't consider them for a second. It was my situation that compelled me to sell and not my lack of your poetic sense for what's right and what's wrong ;)

Archived