A landmark of the season

IliyaKrostin
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea-squad-201819.jpg

So, tomorrow our season is over. An important final against Arsenal, it's not just a final, it's a derby and our last chance to win any trophy this season.

I will start from the beginning, we signed Sarri as our manager. We knew that he had no trophies, but his football at Napoli made him promising and we could see some of it in our first games. Our first 10-12 games were good, victory on Arsenal and Liverpool ( on a cup game), but then slowly we started to feel that our form is going down. Between other games, we won City and draw with United. In the first half of the season, we played well against the top 6.

With the squad we had, we the signings we made and it took some time to learn Sarri's plans, we knew that running for the title is too difficult for us because of the quality. Liverpool and City are simply level above us. It left us with 3 competitions to play for.  We reached the final at Carabao Cup against City and lost in penalties, Kepa's situation will never be forgotten. We also lost to United in the FA Cup. And now we have a chance to win our first trophy, beating Arsenal to win the Europe League. 

So overall our achievements this season aren't that bad when we look at our squad, Sarri's first season can be acceptable with many improvements, I think he deserves another chance next season to lead the team.

- We reached the top 4 (finished 3rd).

- We reached the final in Carabao Cup ( lost in penalties).

- We reached the final in Europe League. ( Let's hope tomorrow we will complete the competition with success! )

About our squad, we definitely need a huge improvement in our squad. With Hazard who probably is leaving us, and many players are close to 30, we need fresh and young players. The biggest problem is that we can't buy players in the next 2 years, so we will have to trust our academy guns and it can be amazing, we are known for not using our youth that much. This season two names had their chance, Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Callum Hudson Odoi. Sarri gave them a chance to play and they proved themselves, especially Loftus Cheek who turned to be a regular starter, he will be missing in the final.

Jorginho started the season very well, then got criticized a lot by us and many fans around, but closer to the end of the season I think he just showed what we all wanted to see from him. With this form, I will be more than happy next season.

Hazard, Kante, Loftus Cheek, Rudiger are our top performers this season. 

That's the team of our season, in my opinion, the players that were in a form in the most of the season and pushed the club forward.

Kepa

Azpilicueta - Rudiger - Luiz - Emerson

Kante - Jorginho - Loftus-Cheek

Callum Hudson Odoi - Giroud - Hazard

And for the end, I will choose the best player of the season ( I guess there is only one option): Eden Hazard, top scorer, top playmaker, top everything.

And my favourite player of the season is Antonio Rudiger.

Interesting to read our opinions about our season and how we can improve ourselves for the next season with everything around.

And of course good luck to us tomorrow! COME ON CHELS!!

Edited by IliyaKrostin