The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. A Pre-Season so far....

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

The Good: 

Pusilic. Looks like a good replacement for Hazard. Has a good eye for goal.

Barclay. Could this be the season he finally shows that he is as good as the potential he has always shown?

Kovacic/Jorginho. Both have looked good in that midfield pivot role.

The Bad:

Up front. Still couldn't tell you who our main striker will be this season. Surely one of the three will come good!

Pressing. Could see glimpses of what we were trying to do; but, I still think that we are poor at pressing as a team. You could see that by the way Salzburg were pressing us. They were far more organised, and done a better job on us than what we did to them until they started to run out of steam. Teams like City and Pool will destroy us if we don't up our game. And finally....

The Ugly:

Defence. Our defending has been atrocious so far this pre-season. Hopefully once James and Rudiger come back we'll be more solid. But for now it's going to be a case of "We're gonna score one more than you".

Agree/Disagree?

Edited by Old Shaggy
Tidy up

Agree with everything other than the pressing, which i think has been pretty good, especially against Barcelona. Salzburg pressed us well for 15 mins, then we were playing through them and causing problems. 

We also have kante to come back, who is our best presser, and he will also help shore that defence aswell. 

I think it will be intersting to see if we can score goals against teams that sit deep, but if plan a is to press, win the ball, then play out and counter, i think we look pretty well equipped.