Tromsø v chelsea > noggy post office ££££’s to noggy Kr conversion error

ddrblue
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Iam not going to mention the 3-2 defeat to Tromsø or h-t snow blitz or Even the Free chocolate that Tromsø fc gave out to the chelsea fans at the game .

This one is far more juicy > there was reports that a chelsea fan  went into the local Tromsø post office which was on Tromsø High Street with £3000 to exchange into norwegian Kronne aka Kr . 

The young noggy girl on counter service that day going on reports handed over the equavilent of £30,000 in norwegian Kr to the chelsea fan ?

Can anyone here concurr this please and did the chelsea chap ever sort the issue out > since thing i heard was that the post office was asking for said chelsea to come back into the shop ? 

Think if i had been given £30,000 instead of £3,000 in noggy Kr i would have left tromsø via whatever means asap and give the game a miss ,or go to the game and stuff it all into me socks . If the £3000 amount for exchange is correct it must have been for a group of Chelsea fans all throwing in XXX each to cover ale,hotel and local brasses/ ladys of the night . I dont think flight options was running back then ,so it for sure a stopover with hotel for the night or nights .

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Donny ! I was actually going to try and get you to write that book when I saw this post.

I was at that game and posted a pic of my chocolate bar that I've still got !

yes there were stories going around that someone had a result with the money exchange, I can't remember the amounts though, the flight there was a drama, changed at Bergen, then plane kept landing on route to pick up passengers like a bus would , and had to be di iced each time ! The story was the guy went straight home, but reading your comment, it seems unlikely that he could have.

Everyone seemed to know who the guy was though.

Despite being told there would be a ring of steel around the stadium, we walked up there to buy tickets which were stacked up in a box on the counter, a few got nicked.  ! 

And the women were like models, even the old bill, , a really friendly place, although the beer was expensive, it was a great trip.

Write that bloody book !

Take care mate