Chelsea ere chelsea there

Seems like us oldies are getting too old.....

Arent there any more stories from the real days ....They certainly havent all been told.....The wonderous chelsea days of matchdays following our great fans around the country...Eccles...Babs....Hickey.....we cant let these stories die out....Greatest times for chelsea fans travelling around the country....Win or lose, the best days out.....

The past cant be lost already....be proud of our stories following a not so good at gaining trophies team......perhaps its time to concentrate on a very good team and leave the past exactly where it is....id hate to think so.....to many, the memories are alive still....but perhaps not to that many.....perhaps its just memories filed away forever

• 3 weeks later...

There doesn’t seem to be many around from the old days, I was at Wembley in 1972 as a 12 year old, I started going Chelsea away games in 1974, I was on the train that was on fire on the way back from Luton, I went to every away game from 75-80, Millwall away in 77 wasn’t for the faint hearted, Spurs away in 77/78 after promotion was a day to remember, especially for those of us who were at seven sisters station after the game! Countless trips up north to exotic places like Bolton and Carlisle, a trip to Hereford, 20,000 at Highbury after promotion, 10,000 at Maine Rd for a Friday night game. I would not change it for anything, I would love to go back for just one more game in the old days. 

• 3 weeks later...