Crespo stays with Inter

yogic
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

What a waste. I don't understand this at all.

I sympathise with Crespo personal situation but he is a highly paid professional athlete under contract. How much longer are we going to give away top quality players after spending a fortune to secure their services?

There has to be more to this story then either Milan or Chelsea are announcing. Kenyon is no mug at business matters and as such there is no way we are just allowing Crespo season after season on loan with clubs like Inter and AC Milan and not getting something worthwhile in return. There must be some leverage in this deal and I find it hard to believe it is just financial as if it was an issue of money we would just sell him.

There has to be more to this story then either Milan or Chelsea are announcing. Kenyon is no mug at business matters and as such there is no way we are just allowing Crespo season after season on loan with clubs like Inter and AC Milan and not getting something worthwhile in return. There must be some leverage in this deal and I find it hard to believe it is just financial as if it was an issue of money we would just sell him.

What possible leverage can we get out of this?

We loaned Crespo out to Milan in 04/05 and paid 30 mil for Sheva two years later.

We loaned Veron to Inter in 2004, then loaned Crespo to them in 2006 as it stands today for two last seasons of the contract ( we had bought him from Inter in 2003 for around 17 mil icon_rolleyes.gif)

I am yet to see anything that remotely benefits Chelsea from these deals. To be honest we look like complete fools in that matter.

No actually, in view of what happened to his wife - I didn't know til recently that she had a miscarriage while they were in London; my misses had two miscarriages and so I can well understand why she wouldn't want to go anywhere near the place - I think the club has shown remarkable understanding, even compassion, in not insisting that he returns to the Bridge. And much as I'd have liked to see him back playing for Chelsea, I'm with him all the way for putting his family first.

I have read about his wife miscarriage and as i have said many times before i completely understand his personal feelings on the matter.

However why do we have to be so understanding and self sacrificing while Inter Milan that had sold us a player in the first place don't even bother to spend a penny for him? They know Crespo's personal situation and are using it in a very cynical manner.

And he didn't have to bring his wife back to London if it was for just one season.

What possible leverage can we get out of this?

We loaned Crespo out to Milan in 04/05 and paid 30 mil for Sheva two years later.

We loaned Veron to Inter in 2004, then loaned Crespo to them in 2006 as it stands today for two last seasons of the contract ( we had bought him from Inter in 2003 for around 17 mil icon_rolleyes.gif)

I am yet to see anything that remotely benefits Chelsea from these deals. To be honest we look like complete fools in that matter.

What kind of leverage is purely open to speculation - backing for G14 membership perhaps, maybe first dibs on future transfers - I don't know - I'm just saying I don't believe that shrewd businessmen (and irrespective of what anyone thinks of him Kenyon is not a business mug) don't go for long term charity when the beneficiaries are also loaded.

I also don't buy the idea that we are doing the right thing becaue of Crespo's wife personal problems. If that were the case then why not just sell him.

I am also yet to see anything that remotely benefits Chelsea from these deals but I just think that there must be something and it is something we don't want openly disclosed which is why we haven't seen them.

I don't know Loz. Maybe you're right, that there is more to this than meets the eye. Fact is, Crespo isn't coming back so I suppose all we can do is hope it's the best decision for all concerned. Shame it had to turn out like this, but there you go.