Anelka

coco

Ok not a done deal yet, but it would be more of a shock if we dont sign him, after all thats been said and done.

Anyway lest pressume the ink has dried & talk Anelka @ CFC.

He will be fully at home in West London, and i for One am expecting him to shine for us. He is in cracking goal scoring form and at the peak of his career.

I'm excited, got to be honest, he has always been portayed as the mercenary of European football. I would imagine he is close to being the all time most valuable player, if you add up all his transfer fees together. Good products hold their value.

To have Sheva, Drogba AND Anelka in the same squad is going to scare a few defences between now and May.

So here is to Mr Anelka, may your stay with the Blues be very pleasurable for all, especially Roman ! icon_wink.gif

I would imagine he is close to being the all time most valuable player, if you add up all his transfer fees together.

I think he is pretty even with Crespo at the moment with combined total of transfer fees worth about £70mil. Anelka will move somewhere before his career is over so he should be able to take the first place in that category.

But if you ask me which of them has been better value for the money, I'd say Crespo any day of the week. It's such a shame Hernan and his family never settled into the life in London. Then again, if Anelka comes to us, I hope he can prove the world he is truly a world class striker. ::Scalf::

I would imagine he is close to being the all time most valuable player, if you add up all his transfer fees together.

I think he is pretty even with Crespo at the moment with combined total of transfer fees worth about £70mil. Anelka will move somewhere before his career is over so he should be able to take the first place in that category.

But if you ask me which of them has been better value for the money, I'd say Crespo any day of the week. It's such a shame Hernan and his family never settled into the life in London. Then again, if Anelka comes to us, I hope he can prove the world he is truly a world class striker. ::Scalf::

I'd agree and add Crespo is our best value for money player we have had at Chelsea since Zola.

On Anelka i think he has proven himself already, being 2nd/3rd choice striker behind Trez & Henry is no disgrace. He has scored some great goals, hes been consistant at most, if not all the clubs he has played for.

Sheva only had his Milan credentials when we paid all that money for him, i just think Anelka would be much better value than buying Berbatov or another Sheva.

I just got a feeling that Anelka is going to be a great player for us, i feel like were his kind of club if you know what i mean ?

...Sheva only had his Milan credentials when we paid all that money for him...

I take it you never saw him play for Dynamo Kiev. 300.gif

No i never.Mickey mouse leagues dont count.

Anelka has proven he can club hop & keep form, Sheva did it once!

Anelkas club credentials, goals scored in all comps, followed by appearances in all comps.

Bolton 21/56

Fenerbahce 16/57

Man City 46/103

Liverpool 5/22

PSG 19/67 (2 spells)

Real Madrid 8/39

Aresnal 28/90

Very consistent in 3 top leagues.

Mickey mouse leagues dont count.

Champions League is Mickey Mouse? icon_eek.gif

Hat trick against Barca away just as an example and the fact that he almost singlehandedly took Dynamo Kiev to UCL quarter-finals and then to the semi-finals the next season. 431.gif

Mickey mouse leagues dont count.

Champions League is Mickey Mouse? icon_eek.gif

Hat trick against Barca away just as an example and the fact that he almost singlehandedly took Dynamo Kiev to UCL quarter-finals and then to the semi-finals the next season. 431.gif

It doesnt matter how much you paint it up, Sheva has not proven he can play outside the Italian 'technical' league.

It doesnt matter how much you paint it up, Sheva has not proven he can play outside the Italian 'technical' league.

I don't need to paint it in anyway. Even if you choose to ignore his goal tally from the domestic competitions in Ukraine, 16 goals over two seasons in the Champions League, while playing for a small club like Dynamo is a pretty impressive record.

Good point geezer, even though Henry has a better goals average from Barca than Sheva does at Chelsea, he has not exactly "set the world alight in Spain" as you say. They both played a bulk of their career at one club, Sheva at Milan for seven seasons and Henry at Arsenal for eight seasons and both had their career peak during those years. It's not easy to adapt to a new league at an "older" age.

Archived