with regards to Grant -- to me, it all comes down to this...

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

...if you asked 100 managers and other "football men" from around the globe -- Ferguson, Capello, Sven, Lippi, Hiddink, Mancini, Wegner, O'Neill, Scolari, Rijkaard, you get the point -- to each individually come up with a list of the 100 best managers on the planet, you would have a list of 10,000 people (many of whom would be listed on multiple lists), and nowhere in those 10,000 names would you see the name of Avram Grant.

that is f*cking true, and that is f*cking sad.

What scares me is this: Imagine Roman really thinks that Grant is the man for the job? He will reportedly give Grant (a manager he has faith in?) 100 million to buy an entirely new squad in his own vision. Out with the old, and in with the new. A mass exodus of players, and an influx of a crudely assembled teah.

Do we really have the faith that Grant could take this ramshackle team of brilliant individuals and turn them into a winning powerforce within the offseason? Even one full season of a new team? I know I f*cking dont.

The downside would be, who would then want to start coming to even play for us? Would this then be a cycle that would continue? Roman gets in a succesful boss, falls out with him, the good coach leaves, the bad coach steps in but plays in a manner that is again pleasing to Roman, we lose. This could be cyclical?

I really hope we sort this out, fast!

Would this then be a cycle that would continue? Roman gets in a succesful boss, falls out with him, the good coach leaves, the bad coach steps in but plays in a manner that is again pleasing to Roman, we lose. This could be cyclical?

I would like to think that for Roman to get to where he has in the world, he must be an intelligent man.

Hopefully, he is intelligent enough to realise that he has made some very large mistakes over the last 18 months - starting two summers ago when it was decided that the manager should no longer have control over which players come and go.

I think that Roman "not liking our style of play" under Jose is a complete furphy. What Roman didn't like about Jose was that he had a big ego and was a direct challenge to Roman's authority within the club.

I think that Roman replaced Jose with Grant, not to get the team playing sexier football, but to install a manager who was less of a threat to his power on all levels.

Unfortunately, I don't think Roman really thought through whether Grant had the ability to manage a football club like ours before making this decision.

Choosing a manager should come down to their ability to manage a football team and nothing else. Hopefully this is the lesson that Roman is learning, and he will be a bit wiser about the appointment of a new manager in the summer.

I think he knows F&^% all about football

To be honest, that could be said about quite a few football fans(not directed at anyone here on the forums) icon_lol.gif

True especially the NEW ones happy0034.gif

Are you trying to hint at something with those capital letters? ball.gif

Are you trying to hint at something with those capital letters? ball.gif

No of course not just emphasising the NEW.......do you not agree?.........im not suggesting anyone on here............hey im NEW on here......but we do have a hell of a lot of new fans do we not happy0034.gif

The difference being that posters on this or any other forum, whether lifelong fans or JCL's can spout whatever bollox they like without it making the slightest bit of difference. Avram Grant, on the other hand, gets paid a 7 figure salary for displaying his lack of lack of knowledge, lack of qualifications, lack of experience and lack of ability.

The difference being that posters on this or any other forum, whether lifelong fans or JCL's can spout whatever bollox they like without it making the slightest bit of difference. Avram Grant, on the other hand, gets paid a 7 figure salary for displaying his lack of lack of knowledge, lack of qualifications, lack of experience and lack of ability.

Couldnt agree more........its opinions.........and its Uncle Avrams that counts.......unfortunately his opinion has sucked when its been needed icon_sad.gif