NEWCASTLE AWAY......BE WARNED!

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

The tickets for Newcastle away have been taken OFF SALE.

When I rang the box office to ask if all the allocation had sold out (for season ticket holders) the bloke told me that they hadn't sold out but the club had been advised to take them off sale.

He wouldn't tell me why.

I asked him if he thought the game was being moved for the television and he told me to 'wait and see'.

F**king great!!

So if you are booking up your travel to Geordie land,you might want to wait a while.

Heard a rumour thats has yet to be confimed by the club thats this game will be moved to Bank Holiday Monday (May 5th) 4'oclock kick off.

I f**king hate sky!!

tuschel.gif

From CFCUK

Chelsea’s last away match of the season at Newcastle looks like it will be moved to Monday May 5th – all because of SKY TV. Once again, M*rdoch’s company has put the interests of their legions of armchair fans before those of the real supporters, the people that not only go to watch the games live but who are also crucial to the atmosphere.

Fielding questions at last night’s ‘Star On A Stool’ evening at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea Chairman Bruce Buck was asked why the ticket sales for the match at St James’s Park had been suspended.

In a forthright answer, Buck explained that he had attended a meeting with the FA Premier League earlier in the day and they were looking to move the fixture form the original 3 pm kick-off on Saturday 3rd May to a 4.05 pm kick-off on the Bank Holiday Monday.

The news was greeted by jeers from all who attended the event at The Blues Bar which starred Chelsea legend Roberto Di Matteo. Following the two-time FA Cup Final scorers appearance, the Chelsea Chairman took the floor and subsequently made the announcement about the decision made by SKY.

The American also explained that officials at both Chelsea and Everton had done their best to try to move the now ridiculously scheduled Thursday evening match to a ore convenient time but was forced to admit that SKY had the ultimate say on when fixtures would be played.

We here at cfcuk.net urge all football supporters to do their best to ruin any games that are due to be shown on SKY TV by joining in with the following chant;

You can stick your R*pert M*rdoch where the sun don’t shine,

You can stick your R*pert M*rdoch where the sun don’t shine,

You can stick your R*pert M*rdoch,

Stick your R*pert M*rdoch,

Stick your R*pert M*rdoch where the sun don’t shine!

Whilst many who would consider singing this particular ditty might find the following – “You can stick your R*pert M*rdoch up you’re a*se” – easier and more natural, we here would advise the use of ‘our’ version in order to minimise the possibility of action being taken by either the local constabulary or the stewards within the stadium.

actions1.gifw**k2.gif

It's been confirmed:

Chelsea Football Club would like to inform our fans that the Premier League game against Newcastle at St James' Park will now be rescheduled for Monday, May 5.

This decision has been taken by the Premier League and Sky.

Although all clubs have had the occasional fixture change from Saturday to Monday due to live television which is something that we accept, Chelsea FC would like to make it clear that we opposed this particular switch as we were initially being forced to play the match at 8pm, making it impossible for our supporters to make reasonable travel arrangements, more so as this is a Bank Holiday and public transport is likely to be limited and there will be increased traffic on the roads.

Following several days of dialogue to find a more acceptable time for our fans this has now been conceded by the various organisations and we have a confirmed kick off time off 4pm.

We will make a further announcement regarding ticketing arrangements for those fans who had already purchased tickets for the Saturday date. Tickets for the new date will be on sale from later this afternoon (Thursday). The club would like to apologise for any inconvenience to our fans but the change of date was outside of our control.

I wonder how long it will take for a club to refuse to bow to the mighty Sky? With both us and Everton not wanting to change that game would the rest of the Premier League have come out in support if we'd just refused to play it then?

Sky need to understand what their role is in the game.

I wonder how long it will take for a club to refuse to bow to the mighty Sky? With both us and Everton not wanting to change that game would the rest of the Premier League have come out in support if we'd just refused to play it then?

Sky need to understand what their role is in the game.

The sooner the better barn,if we were to stand up to it I would back it 100%!

The Club would gain huge nationwide respect if they did make a stand!

Even if it mean't that we were deducted points it would be worth it!!

I totally agree with you mate, I'd sacrifice points towards the league this season to make a stand. Sky have been crying out for a title race like this and so for us to effectively give it away would speak volumes. Someone at some point has got to make Sky realise. Maybe the bigger problem though is that Sky could only pick us for away games forever more, which would fullfill their obligations while punishing us beyond most clubs financial worst nightmare.

They've got far too much clout in the money orientated world of football.

• 2 weeks later...