Ronaldo! can we get over it please

just watchin the euros there to try and get a look at bosingwa to see what he is about when i(not for the first time) was amazed to hear the commentator describe one of ronaldos free kicks. ol slippy shoes lines up his free kick in his usual 'look at me im brilliant and dead serious' way and hits it in,it bounces in the box and hits the post. the commentator then gasps 'HOW DID HE DO THAT'. now i understand that my hatred of the scum can often distort my views of pretty boy but seriously the same free kick could ave been hit by a sunday league player. this as im sure most of you will know is not the first time his antics have been hugely blown out of proportion. i know he is e great player and i dont dispute that but seriously ...is it just me or is everything he does blown up out of all proportions

My thoughts entirely, lads! And have we all noticed how, suddenly, Portugal are the golden boys? Seems only yesterday the Press were decrying them for diving, scheming cheats. Oh - wait, that's when they were playing England......

Talking of Bosingwa - liked the look of him. Nice pacey runs and pretty sure defending. But I'll not get too excited just yet. It was only Turkey icon_lol.gif

rolando made a c**t of himself tonight. he dived, faked, fell over, cheated. when he actully decided to play football he was wonderfull. hes cheating us all as fans of football. just get on with doing what hes good at and we can all praise him. other wise, just f**k off with your cheating, horrible, slimey, classless bollocks......

just watchin the euros there to try and get a look at bosingwa to see what he is about when i(not for the first time) was amazed to hear the commentator describe one of ronaldos free kicks. ol slippy shoes lines up his free kick in his usual 'look at me im brilliant and dead serious' way and hits it in,it bounces in the box and hits the post. the commentator then gasps 'HOW DID HE DO THAT'. now i understand that my hatred of the scum can often distort my views of pretty boy but seriously the same free kick could ave been hit by a sunday league player. this as im sure most of you will know is not the first time his antics have been hugely blown out of proportion. i know he is e great player and i dont dispute that but seriously ...is it just me or is everything he does blown up out of all proportions

Yes, I absolutely noticed that during the American broadcast too, and it was growing a bit thin after a short while. But my own Ice Hockey team here in NA has a star who is similarly targeted by the media. Though he does little to attract attention to himself (something that is highly discouraged in professional Ice Hockey) the media hang on his every word and his testes like there are no tomorrow. And as a result the fans of other teams slate him to no end. So for Manc fans who defend him, I have a bit of sympathy

However, the kid himself comes across as being very smug and full of self importance sometimes, as players do at that age. Im sure moving to Madrid will do nothing to dampen that

Yes, I absolutely noticed that during the American broadcast too, and it was growing a bit thin after a short while. But my own Ice Hockey team here in NA has a star who is similarly targeted by the media. Though he does little to attract attention to himself (something that is highly discouraged in professional Ice Hockey) the media hang on his every word and his testes like there are no tomorrow. And as a result the fans of other teams slate him to no end. So for Manc fans who defend him, I have a bit of sympathy

However, the kid himself comes across as being very smug and full of self importance sometimes, as players do at that age. Im sure moving to Madrid will do nothing to dampen that

Crosby?

Archived