Avram Grant Has A Narrow Escape

charierre

Former Chelsea coach Avram Grant has emerged unharmed after a light aircraft crashed in close proximity to him in Namibia.

Grant, who was in the country doing charity work, was on the tarmac with his wife Zofit and their two children waiting to board the plane after a private tour to the capital Windhoek.

As it approached the plane failed to activate its landing undercarriage and crashed into trees 10 metres away from Grant and his family.

Phil Hall, who represents the 52-year-old Israeli, confirmed that it was a close call for Grant and his family but they had come away unscathed.

He said: “I’ve spoken to Avram and he’s alive – although he is naturally quite shaken with the crash being so close to where he was standing.

“The undercarriage of the plane was completely crushed after it smashed into nearby trees and somehow the pilot – who suffered minor injuries – was able to get out.

“There had been some reports that he had been killed but I can assure everyone that he is in fact alive but still in a bit of shock after the event.â€

http://www.irishnews.com/break.asp?tbrk=br...;story*d=373383

There were unconfirmed reports that the pilot of the plane was widely known by the nickname Bluenut.

As he was taken away from a scene on a stretcher he was believed to cry out repeatedly: "I've missed! I've missed!"

The investigation of the "accident" is currently underway.

There were unconfirmed reports that the pilot of the plane was widely known by the nickname Bluenut.

As he was taken away from a scene on a stretcher he was believed to cry out repeatedly: "I've missed! I've missed!"

The investigation of the "accident" is currently underway.

As I type from my hospital bed........ :P I must admit I did see this thread earlier Abe, prior to you post, and as I logged back on I thought I'd add to the thread that altough I never really liked the fella or the way he was appointed, I'd never wish this on anyone.

His humility and affection to the cause was somewhat redeeming in his last game, but in the long-run he proved he wasn't up to it. Some may argue he got us to 2nd place in the league and will go down as our 1st manager to take us to the CL final, but he did prove the doubter's right!!! Carlsberg don't make runner's up, but if they did - ' they'd be the best runner-up in the world' as the advert goes. He'll also go down in history as the bloke who could never really take us to the level we were promissed when we foolishly sacked Jose. Anyway we've got a manager now......(a real one)

BTW..... the reporter was mis-quoted......''I was shouting I'm pissed.....I'm pissed''

:D :irony: :D

Bring on Pompey......and let the season begin :D

BTW good health Avi.........

Archived