A taste of things to come?

bonetti

Hopefully this will spread to the Prem and bring the real fans, atmosphere and some sanity back - terraces anyone?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7816780.stm

They should never have sold out to the corporates with the middle tier that has leaves opposition fans in your end for cup finals, and a tier of prawn sandwich munchers all round the ground.

The trouble is people actually go to Wembley as much to 'see the stadium' as they do to watch a match.

Wembley has gone from the home of football to an example of everything thats wrong with the modern game.

To quote comedian Sean Lock '' Who has a starter before a football match? Anyone who has a starter before a football match.....f*ck off!''

I went for a checkup yesterday. Nothing serious, because I'm diabetic I'm supposed to have a regular 6-monthly checkup, that's all. But anyway. Sitting in with the consultant was a student doctor, a very middle class girl in her early 20s. I was wearing this Chelsea jacket I bought in the megastore sale last year. "Oooo a Chelsea supporter" she says. "We're going to Manchester on Sunday. We're so lucky, a friend of the family who's a lawyer got tickets for us." This bird didn't even have the grace to be a plastic Manc. As you say about Wembley, she was just going because it was "an event", a place to go and be seen ... the impression I got was that as far as she was concerned it might as well have been Henley bloody Regatta.

She didn't ask any of the supporters type questions, not even the obvious ones like "do you ever get to see them play", "how long have you been supporting them" - let alone anything about the actual game "who do you think will win" etc etc etc. So I told her my brother in law and my nephew would be up there (not telling her that they'll both be supporting Man U) but that when I used to go was back in the dark days of the '70s and '80s. Even though I was pleasant and friendly she looked nervous then and shut up like a clam.

Snot nosed cow.

I went for a checkup yesterday. Nothing serious, because I'm diabetic I'm supposed to have a regular 6-monthly checkup, that's all. But anyway. Sitting in with the consultant was a student doctor, a very middle class girl in her early 20s. I was wearing this Chelsea jacket I bought in the megastore sale last year. "Oooo a Chelsea supporter" she says. "We're going to Manchester on Sunday. We're so lucky, a friend of the family who's a lawyer got tickets for us." This bird didn't even have the grace to be a plastic Manc. As you say about Wembley, she was just going because it was "an event", a place to go and be seen ... the impression I got was that as far as she was concerned it might as well have been Henley bloody Regatta.

She didn't ask any of the supporters type questions, not even the obvious ones like "do you ever get to see them play", "how long have you been supporting them" - let alone anything about the actual game "who do you think will win" etc etc etc. So I told her my brother in law and my nephew would be up there (not telling her that they'll both be supporting Man U) but that when I used to go was back in the dark days of the '70s and '80s. Even though I was pleasant and friendly she looked nervous then and shut up like a clam.

Snot nosed cow.

I bet her face was a picture :D

Snot nosed cow.

You shouldve at least done the decent thing and tried to pull her.

You shouldve at least done the decent thing and tried to pull her.

It did cross my mind ... but she had one of those horrible whiny voices. I mean I'm not fussy (can't afford to be at my age) but it kind of puts you off, you know? :D

And besides, she only had eyes for the consultant. Who was older than me, shorter than me (a lot shorter than me), MUCH uglier than me .. but also a hell of a lot richer than me.

Which helps, so I'm told.

You do pleasant? :300: Bloody hell, wonders never cease <_<

Well as it happens. I hold doors for women and the elderly, I give my seat up on buses even though one of my knees is shot to bits. In the supermarket, if I've got a trolley load, I always let people with only one or two items go in front of me. *And so on.

Which I suppose goes to show how deceptive it can be when you only know someone through an Internet forum. Or it could be that I'm just a little bit schitzo.

*Mind you. We don't get a lot of scousers round here.

Archived