Stephen Gateley

geezer

I was quite shocked to hear this, as my childhood best friend's sister was -obsessed- with Stephen Gately. She had photos, t-shirts, framed records, the works, and she would go to every book signing and gig that she possibly could just to see him. I asked him about her this morning and he said she seemed pretty traumatized.

Tragic and very sad , 33 years old and from what i know about him , he was a lovely lad , very down to earth , was plesant and had time for everybody he came into contact with. It dosent matter wheather you liked what he was involved in musically , he was a young man who got an opportunity most kids only dream of , he made the most of it . In 2001 he was verbally abused in a nightclub in Dublin by a thug because of his sexuality and it affected him for sme time . He was a very intelligent lad but also very scared and timid . I think its shocking that in the modern world we live in , a gay man or teenager are still looked upon as social outcasts and are not respected by certain areas of society.

I think its shocking that in the modern world we live in , a gay man or teenager are still looked upon as social outcasts and are not respected by certain areas of society.

Well said, clubhappy. The lack of ability to accept the rights of others to live as they wish is an ignorance that blights our society.

Archived