Ticket prices

clubhappy

I reluctantly gave up going to chelsea, mainly because i have a family growlng up, but also because of the shear cost of attending matches. Especially when every match is available to watch online or on tv. I think most fans who still go have baulked at the massive price increases, but understandably with the club having its only spell of sustained success, alot have dug deep to keep a place in the ground as demand has increased. A couple of people i know share seson tickets which is sensible although not ideal.

I still try and go a couple of times a season and you still cant beat actually being at the game, even if KO times are unpredictable! I suppose its the price you pay for success, indeed in a couple of years time i may be in a position to want to go regularly again, but will have no chance of getting a season ticket! Oh for the days of pay on the gate when we had about 3000 seson ticket holders.

this opens up a debate on weather we should consider moving to a new ground at earls court? Personally i have always baulked at the idea of moving from the bridge" but a new 60000 stadium like Arsenal could increase revenue, and even possibly allow for tickets to become a little more reasonable for everyone. Plus of course its near enough to not be a total wrench.And from a selfish point of view it would enable me to get my hands on a ST. Sorry for going off on a tangent!

I wonder what are the chances of ticket prices coming down even if Chelsea had a 60,000 capacity?.Aresnal have that capacity and aren't they the most exspensive club to watch in the country?.Saw on sky sports yesterday the price of tickets for the champions league final at wembly and even with a 89,000 capacity,its still going to be the highest grossing final in the history of the competition.I reckon the whole high capacity/lower prices is a smokescreen,the only cheap tickets will be for the low demand games,like it is now and everything else will stay top dollar.

It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't sell out for the Copenhagen match

Id put money on it now.

I would suggest after the result last night and the obvious poor quality of the opposition we could struggle to hit 30k.

I knew as soon as i saw it they they would regret the pricing policy for this tie - we will get slaughtered for any empty seats too.

Edited by bjd

Given the 2nd leg should be a dead rubber (though with our up and down form you can never be sure) it's guaranteed we'll have empty seats. I have purchased my ticket even though I knew it's unlikely I'd be able to go due to work commitments but I do this to get the points (just in case we do make the 'big one' at the end of the season). Normally I can offload the ticket to other Chelsea fans I know but this time I'm guessing I'll have no chance.