Mrs Browns Boys

andy

For the record I am absolutely loving it !!

But it is being absolutely slated by the critics. In my office we got a mixture of completely love it and hated it... I know the Irish amongst us will just dismiss it as old hat; we have had it for years; it has had its day etc etc.. At least that is what the Irish people in my office are saying.

Would be interested in what people think ?

I've just watched the first episode on iplayer .... and I have to say, I hate it! It's rubbish! It's cheap, predictable, and incredibly unfunny! The canned laughter is foul!

Sorry, Andy! I'm sure there are things I like that you would hate!

Don't be sorry Moi, you are not in the minority. I agree 100% on the canned laughter.

cheap and predictable... I think is what I am finding funny :shok: and the strategic use of the F word in every sentance of course

Complete sh*te , im embarassed to say its Irish , that old Dublin wit died years ago , we had it from unfunny so called stand up comedians in the 80s .

Stick to the Cricket you are better at that :laugh2:

Exactly the reaction I get from my Irish friends, I don't understand that reaction at all

Brilliant, Ian. Thanks. I once did a "Literary pub crawl" in Dublin, where a couple of actors took you to a variety of pubs reciting from Irish poetry or prose in each one. Brendan Behan, Oscar Wilde, James Joyce and others. It was a wonderful day!