London Derbies - Good or Bad?

Myles_91

What's the consensus here on London Derbies, good or bad?

With West Ham IMO likely to win the playoffs if QPR stay up I make that 6 different London teams in the top flight and a total of 10 London Derbies for us in a season.

Whilst the only significant ones for us may be Spurs, Arsenal and West Ham that isn't necessarily the same thing for others especially QPR and Fulham who treat games with us like a cup final and seem to have a ubiquitous hatred of everything Chelsea despite us have no ill-feeling towards them. Unlike the other London clubs, we are hated equally by all so we won't get an easy game as such. I don't think Fulham would really view Spurs as a rival as such.

For the local/London based guys on here obviously these games are good as they are local, easy to get to and we often know supporters of the rival team. it means less travel for the squad after European games as well.

I have always believed that part of the reason United and Liverpool have been so successful down the years is because they only have one or two other rivals apart from their neighbouring clubs. For United it's probably Leeds and Liverpool and for Pool it's only really United.

Do we want more local fixtures or less? Do we want QPR down and West Ham not to get promoted or not?

Personally as much as I hate West Ham, Spurs and Arsenal I'd never want them to go down as I enjoy the games between us and the rivalry, passion etc at the games, something I feel would be sorely missed. I wouldn't be bothered if QPR or Fulham went down but I feel this league needs a strong West Ham, Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea etc.

They are f**king boring...I always make sure im at the Bridge for spuds....SNORE....West ham generate a certain nervous energy as they are are not predictable...SEMI SNORE.i say this as (not all) but quite a few blues are all talk and west ham do as they please...Away from home spuds is fav...

I suppose you could say it was harder for a London club to win the league a couple of decades ago because the rivaly on the pitch was more tense and tackles flew in left right and center.

Nowdays the players, 99% of the time have a lot of respect for their fellow professionals so i dont think it makes a difference if there are 5 or 6 London clubs in the league.

Maybe thats why Liverpool where so great in the 70's and 80's,Because all us Londoners were kicking the f*** out of each other on the pitch and they just kept slipping under the radar every season.

Just a thought.

They are f**king boring...I always make sure im at the Bridge for spuds....SNORE....West ham generate a certain nervous energy as they are are not predictable...SEMI SNORE.i say this as (not all) but quite a few blues are all talk and west ham do as they please...Away from home spuds is fav...

Your wrong on West Ham doing as they please mate, in their heyday they didnt have it all their own way, in recent years they have come unstuck at sb with the attitude that they can do what they want, some lads are in court soon for attacking some West Ham outside a pub not far from sb.