Defending ?

Scott Harris

Is defending becoming a small part of football now ?

In the last year i don't think i have ever seen so many top sides with such poor defending. This season every top club i have seen has been pretty awful at defending, even Jose Mourinho doesn't seem to be able to build a solid defensive side, and this guy is usually the master at setting up defenses.

Has attacking football become impossible to defend these days or are defender's just not as good as they once were ?

Chelsea, Man United, Man City. These sides used to be able to keep a lot of clean sheets throughout a full season, but now when i watch these sides all i see is awful defending. For me it's not that attacking football has become impossible to defend against, it's just that teams are not setting their defense up well enough to keep the ball out of the net, and if it's not that, it's defenders not concentrating for an entire game.

I love goals but i also like to watch a good game of football without so many mistakes, with defenders playing the way they are now i can't see much changing any time soon.