chelsea vs qpr 1974 fa cup

whitewall66

I went to QPR v Chelsea when the 3 day a week / power cuts were happening. Im scratching my head here because I think the first game was cancelled, when it was played it was a weekday afternoon Chelsea took over the whole ground, the Loft was crammed full of Chelsea and wall collapsed near the front.

Online records show

Anyone else remember a postponement

Tue 15 Jan Q.P.R. 1 - 0 Chelsea F.A. Cup

Sat 05 Jan Chelsea 0 - 0 Q.P.R. F.A. Cup

Yes went to the first match at the Bridge we drew 0-0 John Phillips saved a penalty which I missed as I was tying my shoe lace and my cousin said "He saved it" so had to wait until the Big match on sunday to see it, remember we where lucky to draw that day.  Went to the replay and went in the Loft as soon as the doors opened the referee was inspecting the pitch there was only a few hundred fans in but the Loft was already Chelsea, they game was called off and those of us who had paid to get where given a pink sort of raffle ticket to use when the game was played.  On the way out the Chelsea fans turned over the refreshment kiosk and ran down the sheet trowing things at cars etc.  when the game was played we lost 1-0 Stan Bowles scored but Webb playing centre forward hit the bar right at the end, Chelsea had the whole of the Loft and the school end and one fan ran out of the loft and tried to attack Don Givens remember that, the pitch was a mud bath

Remember this one, was working at a bank in Westminster and about ten of us had doctors, hospital appointments, funerals etc to attend that afternoon.

The bosses weren't bothered they knew what was going on.

It was packed with Chelsea all over, I got in the South Africa road side and was keeping quiet when I realised I was surrounded by Chelsea.

Must have been a bad attendance day at SW and W London schools that day, about 20 of us from my school in Carshalton met up with my cousin and his mates in Clapham to go to this one, all the way from Mitcham to Shepherds Bush on an 88 bus, 3p each way.

Archived