Diego Costa Appreciation Thread

Butterhampton FC

Maybe it's too soon to create this page but the Daily Mail wound me up when I saw this article: 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2783223/Forget-Diego-Costa-Angel-di-Maria-Premier-League-star-far.html

Typical DM drivel but this is the sort of thing that every UK and American news source pumps up about glorious United, Liverpool and Arsenal and always seeks to downplay the great work and players of Chelsea. It doesn't matter how many silky touches di Maria has or if he beats 6 players and scores a wonderful goal because his side is still drawing and losing to relegation-fighting clubs.

I'm having none of it. Diego Costa has already scored 9 league goals in his FIRST 7 games. That is a silly figure and unheard of in a proper league (outside of La Liga where even Torres might score a hat-trick every now and again).

Here's a rundown of some recent Chelsea strikers and their league tallys: Shevchenko scored nine league goals for us in 48 matches! Torres's best season tally in terms of league goals for us was 8! Kalou only scored more than 7 league goals in a season once! Drogba only scored 10 and 12 league goals in his first two league campaigns at the Bridge! Crespo never scored more than 10 league goals in a season in his two years at the Bridge! Gudjohnsen only scored 10 league goals in his debut season with Chelsea!

I know all of us Chelsea fans properly support Costa and I love hearing the well-deserved songs and chants for him when I watch Chelsea matches on the tele. I hope he continues his great form as he is quickly becoming a cult hero and legend. With so many mainstays leaving in recent times or soon on their way out, he has quickly been elevated to one of my favorite current Chelsea players and that is down to his hard work and all around f**king badass play. His goals are just the icing on the cake.

As long as reporters and analysts continue to underestimate him, he is just going to keep using that as fuel to the fire, as if there wasn't enough already! Here's to a long and prosperous career for Diego at the Bridge! KTBFFH!

Posting anything from the Daily Heil should be a crime punishable by death.

It doesn't even qualify as toilet paper as wiping your arse with bullsh*t is redundant.

On a more serious note, Costa > Di Maria any day of the week. That much will be made abundantly clear when we hammer them at Old Trafford.

Maybe it's too soon to create this page but the Daily Mail wound me up when I saw this article: 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2783223/Forget-Diego-Costa-Angel-di-Maria-Premier-League-star-far.html

Typical DM drivel but this is the sort of thing that every UK and American news source pumps up about glorious United, Liverpool and Arsenal and always seeks to downplay the great work and players of Chelsea. It doesn't matter how many silky touches di Maria has or if he beats 6 players and scores a wonderful goal because his side is still drawing and losing to relegation-fighting clubs.

I'm having none of it. Diego Costa has already scored 9 league goals in his FIRST 7 games. That is a silly figure and unheard of in a proper league (outside of La Liga where even Torres might score a hat-trick every now and again).

Here's a rundown of some recent Chelsea strikers and their league tallys: Shevchenko scored nine league goals for us in 48 matches! Torres's best season tally in terms of league goals for us was 8! Kalou only scored more than 7 league goals in a season once! Drogba only scored 10 and 12 league goals in his first two league campaigns at the Bridge! Crespo never scored more than 10 league goals in a season in his two years at the Bridge! Gudjohnsen only scored 10 league goals in his debut season with Chelsea!

I know all of us Chelsea fans properly support Costa and I love hearing the well-deserved songs and chants for him when I watch Chelsea matches on the tele. I hope he continues his great form as he is quickly becoming a cult hero and legend. With so many mainstays leaving in recent times or soon on their way out, he has quickly been elevated to one of my favorite current Chelsea players and that is down to his hard work and all around f**king badass play. His goals are just the icing on the cake.

As long as reporters and analysts continue to underestimate him, he is just going to keep using that as fuel to the fire, as if there wasn't enough already! Here's to a long and prosperous career for Diego at the Bridge! KTBFFH!

That c**t Derrhum really does hate us with a passion  :Connie_threaten:

Archived