Nelson Semedo and Gelson Martins - double raid on Portugal?

Argo
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

The Portuguese league is a good league to snap up top talent, (its a good standard league but ultimately the top player's will want to spread there wings, which makes it an ideal shopping destination) we got Carvalho, Ferreira and David Luiz from those shores, Jose aswell. Other notable players Moutinho, Falcao, James and Di Maria.

I think these Semedo and Martins along with Ederson are the next three to emerge from that league, we don't need the latter for obvious reasons but the other two could be really handy addition's. Semedo is a player that could play both wing back and full back with equal brilliance  and assurance, the one thing we are lacking right now is the personel to revert back to a flat back 4 if need be, Nelson gives us that option. Gelson Martins has potential to be a top player and can also cover at wing back, with Pedro and Willian approaching 30 we need to look at more long-term option's in that position and at 23 and 22 respectively, they can give serve us for the next 7-10 years.

Offensively Semedo looks different class, defensively suspect though? Martins looks a good prospect on the wing but I think Conte prefers inside forwards in the mould of Pedro, Bernardeschi, Alexis, Berardi etc. As a RWB may be interesting however, can't be any worse than Adama Traore.

If I had to take one or the other I'd go with Semedo but don't think we'll sign either - United/Bayern are looking to sign Semedo this summer, and I wouldn't be surprised if United sign Martins if they fail to sign Willian.

Edited by the special one