Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MissouriBlue

England U21s knocked out on pens

So I see we got knocked out (again) by Germany (again) on penalties (again), why do we always seem to lose to them on penalties? I just don't get it, is it a confidence issue? technical issue?

Poor coaching.

Same as the senior team, the players have their natural ability watered down by our tactical planners. none of our top premier players ever perform for our country. tonight's commentary kept saying we look tired and we're on our knees physically.

When was the last time any England side's opponents were described as the same? We always seem to be less fit and apart from dead ball situations, inept at having any superior ability.

There will be no change until we return to our own style and stop trying to be all things continental.

just listening to the same old b******s from ex pro's on talksport about lessons will be learned and we'll come again.

9 hours ago, MissouriBlue said:

So I see we got knocked out (again) by Germany (again) on penalties (again), why do we always seem to lose to them on penalties? I just don't get it, is it a confidence issue? technical issue?

We (Chelsea) do ok in these German shoot outs :wink:

2 hours ago, charierre said:

The SF is probably as good as it gets for England until we find a way of getting our youngsters competitive minutes in the top flight like Spain and Germany manage. A quick look at the eligible players for the next competition in 2019 suggests not many will achieve this goal.  

DDWWn3AXoAESbb2.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/chelseayouth

TBH England were totally outplayed by Germany and were poor. How it got to ET I will never know, never mind penalties. But what do you expect when the U21 coach is Boothroyd.