Everton v Chelsea (PL) Sat 7th Dec 12:30 GMT

4 hours ago, Argo said:

West Ham and Valencia were Frank's fault but the only major thing he did wrong today was playing Zouma and AC together.

In the first half alone we had three tap ins, a three on one and two other great chances and somehow still failed to score.

I almost agree with that, but its because they weren't tapins that they weren't tapped in if you see what I mean. We sure stuffed up some great chances. But I still think the team selection and approach to the game were wrong. This was a game where a less ambitious approach would have reaped greater rewards. 

On 07/12/2019 at 19:06, WhiteWall said:

Sorry, normally i woud listen to anyones point of view on here, but i cannot agree to this. Everton have been a serial cr@p team for years. Its cost managers jobs for years. Even when Moyes was in charge they would have one good season followed by one bad. They have continuously flirted with relegation for donkeys years and are doing the same again now. If they were that good a team they wouldn't have been in the relegation zone sacking their manager..again.

We are a better team all over the pitch. Digne and Richarlison are about their only consistent players. Today we were sh!t. All over the pitch. Yes we were cr@p and deserved to lose. We have a defence set up incorrectly and a forward line that currently looks gassed and weak.

But please, let's not start thinking that Walcott is a better player than Willian, Iwobi or Calvert-Lewin are better that Abraham or indeed that Sigurdson, for the 4 games a year that he turns up is any better than Kovacic.

thanks for ur response Whitewall.

dont misunderstand me. This is what Lampard said after the game. The interview is on the Chelsea website.

‘It was definitely an extra dangerous time to play against Everton because they did have a bounce and I expected that, AND THEY HAVE GOOD PLAYERS. THEY HAVE INVESTED A LOT and that is why people have been talking a lot about their league position. I was aware, the players were aware but you have to deal with it practically.’

take note of the texts i capitalised. they brought in about seven players last season and since that time they are no longer the former weak Everton side that everybody knows over the years. they are actually a changed side right now in terms of personnel, and that is why Lampard said "that is why people have been talking a lot about their league position". With the personnel they have currently, they should be doing very well in the premier league at the moment.

Edited by hephzibah
On 08/12/2019 at 14:28, Deino said:

Can't believe a Chelsea fan in this day and age saying we need to sign 7 players to beat the likes of Everton. 🤯🤯🤯🤯

thanks for ur response Deino.

dont misunderstand me. This is what Lampard said after the game. The interview is on the Chelsea website.

‘It was definitely an extra dangerous time to play against Everton because they did have a bounce and I expected that, AND THEY HAVE GOOD PLAYERS. THEY HAVE INVESTED A LOT and that is why people have been talking a lot about their league position. I was aware, the players were aware but you have to deal with it practically.’

"They have invested a lot" means they have purchased many players. And that means, they are a very good team at the moment. Now, talking about the number of players that we need to sign. i have mentioned the positions where we need to purchase better players. A left back, a central defender, a positional midfielder, an attacking midfielder, two wingers, and a striker. that is seven players. My recommendations are optional, if Chelsea wants to compete in terms of personnel with teams like Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool and Tottenham.........., that is what to do. you cannot really do anything worthwhile with the Zoumas, the Christensens, the Emersons....... and co that you have in the team.

Edited by hephzibah