Everton v Chelsea (PL) Sat 7th Dec 12:30 GMT

1 minute ago, The Chelsea Way said:

Sack him? f**k no. He’s our future but management got to react and accept criticism. 

The way you structured your post it looked like a "goodbye Frank" especially when you mentioned honeymoon period. That's implying that his time is pretty much done. 

So the honeymoon is over, not sure what that means. Reality setting in?

The realistic supporters knew this was going to be an up and down season, and that's exactly what this is. We're still in 4th position, pretty high in my opinion with an inexperienced manager starting every match with at least 3 young players just as inexperienced at this level. We need to improve, and sign a couple of players who are quality now, not in 2 years, if we want to be a top 4 club for the next few seasons. But all in all, this season makes me happy.

Edited by Valerie
1 minute ago, Valerie said:

The realistic supporters knew this was going to be an up and down season, and that's exactly what this is. We're still in 4th position, pretty high in my opinion with an inexperienced manager starting every match with at least 3 young players just as inexperienced at this level. We need to improve, probably with a couple of players who are quality now, not in 2 years, if we want to be a top 4 club for the next few seasons. But all in all, this season makes me happy.

Yep, we all said it would happen. Now it's come, unfortunately it doesn't help when the likes of Spurs and United are playing well and coming around, but it is what it is. Luckily it's came before the transfer window and the reality is that we do need better players in some areas. 

Just now, Slojo said:

The way you structured your post it looked like a "goodbye Frank" especially when you mentioned honeymoon period. That's implying that his time is pretty much done. 

God, no. Not at all. Totally not what l meant. Saying I will now be critical on management if I feel it’s warranted. We are conceding. Sorry but we are. Certainly don’t want the return of negative defensive football but I fear we are leaking way too much. 

Unless it’s been a title winning season there seems to nearly always be a Late November- Dec slump in form. Fatigue mental or physical ? Even the best teams suffered from it (eg Ancelotti’s 2nd season). Still ahead of schedule on progress I feel, all teams have setbacks as we see by City as well today. Still top 4 on course for a top 6 finish hopefully.

Carefree & lets see us get to CL KO this week. 

Edited by General

When was the last time we have seen a time concede a goal , let alone two just because 2 central defenders couldn't clear a ball? Seriosuly, that kind of sh1t doesn't even belong to this league, it's league 2 stuffs. For the first goal, Christensen didn't even trying to jump for the ball, or he's not able to jump, anyway it's embarassing even for non professionals.  The evertons couldn't believe their f* luck, they played 90s football with a 442, and we had no idea how to deal with it. Just like the WestHam again, the intensity just wasn't there, fatigue or attitude, or we just short on numbers, can't wait to get 2-3 more players in next month. Few times we had the ball in their box , just ridiculous amount of extra touches and trying to walk the ball in, it's like we wanted to show off, even it was a goal down.

First time this season I felt embarrassed for this team this season, hopefully the last.

For me, Frank needs to give Kepa a rocket for yet another dodgy decision, get Rudiger back in the team ASAP, & replace Christensen. Too weak to be a top defender & simply not good enough for Chelsea. I’d sell him in Jan. 

Though he denies it, Frank will be looking to add a defender or two in a month’s time. 

Been at work all day, listened on the radio and they spent most of the game talking sh*te (I swear they spent 20 minutes just talking about how Big Dunc was standing) so it was obviously a cracker of a game. 

How are the knees here, should I alert the entire worlds A&E departments?

Like so many posters mentioned here, we have a job in progress and Frank & co are working to improve our play.

I am happy to accept ups and downs of the young team, but the club needs to be smart to see the difference between an improvable young player and a dud.

I do not think that Andreas and Kurt will ever improve.  Kepa is not disciplined and has a strong abnormal need to f**k things up for no reason.

If we do a complete overhaul of our defense, things will look much brighter for us.

On the same note, rather than buying new defensive players, I would like to see Marc Guehi in our senior squad, and also return of Ethan Ampadu.

For me Frank was gutted after this result you could see he was clearly annoyed and I think we will see changes.

I expect Azpi to be on the bench with Emerson back.

I also expect Tomori back with Zouma shifting back to the RCB positions.

I don't think any changes next time out with the keeper.

I think if Abraham misses another two gilt edge chances we will be looking for a striker this window. 

4 hours ago, The Chelsea Way said:

God, no. Not at all. Totally not what l meant. Saying I will now be critical on management if I feel it’s warranted. We are conceding. Sorry but we are. Certainly don’t want the return of negative defensive football but I fear we are leaking way too much. 

Hmm okay, but be careful with throwing honeymoon period around, that's a term that's usually thrown at managers who once they have their honeymoon period, they're obselete.

11 hours ago, DP2 said:

We do forbzy. But we're doing ok and the fans like you know the score.

I would go down with Frank ahead of some artificial manager in the club.

I'm still happy with what we're doing now.

I'd prefer to lose in a club I'm proud of.

Agreed. At the start of the season I thought top 6 was even going to be challenging. But we have done much better than expected so far, and I think fan's expectations have grown with that. Its inevitable that we will hit a bad spell with the inexperienced squad and management team that we have. I would still rather we don't go crazy with transfer funds in January. We have so many promising young players getting their chances now, and I don't want to see them get pushed to one side by a new set of mercenaries. Rudiger and RLC will provide a welcome boost to the squad in the near future and that will help. It has been great watching us this season and I hope we keep going with the same refreshing brand of football. 

Saw the scores of spurs and United before watching this game recorded, and got the defeat I expected as a result.

Rubbish week. No two ways about it. West ham are continually awful. Yet the beat us. Villa are also awful, we should have had 7 goals against them and scrape 2 and just get a win.

Everton are awful. They were awful today. We dominated the ball to Barca levels but we f*ck about with it at the back and up front.

What happens? Mount, Pulisic, Willian have a competition of "how many touches can I take before I lose the ball". Kovacic shoots and we get a goal. Novel idea that, take a shot.

Zouma and christensen, the gifts that keep on giving. Every goal today is on them and Kepa. 

First goal Kepa rooted to his line, and you could drive a semi between Zouma and Andreas. Powder puff defending on the next two, diabolical goalkeeping.

Frank needs to kick butt or it  may well be his butt kicked out. Window we can buy, clearly Zouma, Andreas and Kepa have shown they are not good enough. Drop them. Play Jamie Cummings,  Marc Ghuei and Tomori. They cannot be worse. 

I think some of the blame is on Frank he picked the wrong team. I think a number of the players are tired and can’t play at their best level two games a week. It’s mental as well as physical. 

woth the vital game against Lille coming up it would have been much better with Jorginho, Kante and Kovacic. We might only have got a draw but it would have been nice and comfortable leaving something  in the tank for the Lille game. I guess it’s always  easy in hindsight. 

on top of that both full backs were average. Lots has been said about Dave already but frankly James was fairly ordinary. He is just starting at this level so no drama but he isn’t lifting the team level. 

alonso has plenty of problems but he does at least have a good left foot. 

Tomori was correctly rested for some stupid errors but none were as bad  as a couple of the mix ups in this game. 

Said it over and over, I don’t get this sideways, sideways and backwards passing, never will. People say it’s the modern way, pressing and counter attack. Well it doesn’t work all the time. It’s boring, dangerous and nine times out of ten we give the ball away.

2 hours ago, Kev56 said:

Said it over and over, I don’t get this sideways, sideways and backwards passing, never will. People say it’s the modern way, pressing and counter attack. Well it doesn’t work all the time. It’s boring, dangerous and nine times out of ten we give the ball away.

Here's how mad it is.

2-1 away from home, with 10 mins to go Frank makes offensive subs leaving two strikers up front, they are waiting up front for the long ball, lets go for it Kepa, hoof it son, no no no, he would rather pass it to Zouma.

42 minutes ago, coco said:

Here's how mad it is.

1-2 away from home, with 10 mins to go Frank makes offensive subs leaving two strikers up front, they are waiting up front for the long ball, lets go for it Kepa, hoof it son, no no no, he would rather pass it to Zouma.

Zouma was expecting the long ball too after all, Kepa waves them all forwards.................perhaps he had a cunning plan!

27 minutes ago, OnePeterOsgood said:

Let’s face it, that third goal has been coming all season ... lost count of the number of times Kepa and others have misplaced passes at the back ... this time we paid the price. Nevertheless, I like most of what we’re doing this season, and hopefully Frank can bolster our weak back 4 in January. 

Were not mixing it up, we have to have a 'long ball' option to go alongside the 'pass it out from the back' option, or else we get smothered because the opposition smell fear.

19 hours ago, hephzibah said:

did you listen to Lampard's post match conference? He said Everton has good players. That's what it is and nothing you can do to that. 

It's a press conference. You really think Lampard would come out and say "Everton are sh*te!"

He says that about every team we come up against. Doesn't prove a thing. Next week Everton will lose again. 

19 hours ago, WhiteWall said:

Sorry, normally i woud listen to anyones point of view on here, but i cannot agree to this. Everton have been a serial cr@p team for years. Its cost managers jobs for years. Even when Moyes was in charge they would have one good season followed by one bad. They have continuously flirted with relegation for donkeys years and are doing the same again now. If they were that good a team they wouldn't have been in the relegation zone sacking their manager..again.

We are a better team all over the pitch. Digne and Richarlison are about their only consistent players. Today we were sh!t. All over the pitch. Yes we were cr@p and deserved to lose. We have a defence set up incorrectly and a forward line that currently looks gassed and weak.

But please, let's not start thinking that Walcott is a better player than Willian, Iwobi or Calvert-Lewin are better that Abraham or indeed that Sigurdson, for the 4 games a year that he turns up is any better than Kovacic.

Can't believe a Chelsea fan in this day and age saying we need to sign 7 players to beat the likes of Everton. 🤯🤯🤯🤯

Edited by Deino
23 hours ago, Valerie said:

The realistic supporters knew this was going to be an up and down season, and that's exactly what this is. We're still in 4th position, pretty high in my opinion with an inexperienced manager starting every match with at least 3 young players just as inexperienced at this level. We need to improve, and sign a couple of players who are quality now, not in 2 years, if we want to be a top 4 club for the next few seasons. But all in all, this season makes me happy.

What I do find quite ironic is so many people were swearing patience if academy players were played, even if we were midtable yet are getting itchy feet while still 4th.

23 hours ago, Slojo said:

Yep, we all said it would happen. Now it's come, unfortunately it doesn't help when the likes of Spurs and United are playing well and coming around, but it is what it is. Luckily it's came before the transfer window and the reality is that we do need better players in some areas. 

I said a few weeks ago I was worried we were getting talked about as potential title dark horses, it wasn't realistically on and it was setting unrealistic goals for the ultra negative brigade to pounce on.

I genuinely believe some see this run as a title challenging team losing 3 in 4 instead of the reality of a squad not ready for a title charge.

Edited by Argo
On 07/12/2019 at 18:29, The Chelsea Way said:

Sorry Frank but the honeymoon period might be over. Still love you but we were poor in a number of areas today including game plan. On account of the sacking we new exactly what Everton's game plan would be. Zonal defending can be effective but now has to be questioned with our current crop of centre backs. 

We’ve been sussed out exactly like we were last season (and at roughly the same time -Wolves away 05/12). We’ve got skill, energy, speed and youth in abundance but physicality to compete against fighting teams I don’t see. December could be a long hard month. At 2-1 down I didn’t see any answers on the bench to change the outcome today. 

On account of the West Ham performance last weekend this cant be put down to just a bad day. 

West Ham and Valencia were Frank's fault but the only major thing he did wrong today was playing Zouma and AC together.

In the first half alone we had three tap ins, a three on one and two other great chances and somehow still failed to score.